PDA

View Full Version : NFS:MW "review of sorts"

mr_knowitall15
03-09-2006, 07:59 PM
Warning! This contains spoilers of the games ending (if you can really consider a racing game having a deep story...)
A while back I bought Need For Speed Most Wanted for my beloved PS2. Today i finished it. It was a great game, lots of fun and replayability. At first i was confused as to the story, seeing as how they throw you RIGHT into a race. The ending was sweet, all the other Blacklist douchebags got busted, and I won my "precious" car back. The police chase at the end is nucking futs!!! I laughed at the Dukes of Hazard-esque finish to your chase.
A few problems with this game made that last chase frusterating though, as well as pursuits and races in the past. The game has horrible clipping data IMO, and it results in questionable physics. One thing that bugged me many a times was a smooth appearing edge that you slid into sort of sideways, and should be able to just scrape by and get on with the race, but NO, there would be something there that made your car just stop as if it were head on with a wall. Another thing is i wish i could upgrade/OC my PS2. The game seems a little too much for the aging PS2 at times, getting what looks to be like 15-20 FPS. This is unacceptable for a super fast paced racing game. It also gets even worse when you have a lot of cops on your tail, the results can be devastating. I hate getting chased by like 10+ cops at 180+ MPH, and not being able to do anything about the spike stip coming up because of the poor frame rate, combined with the high speeds, means you saw the spikes for like 2 frames.
All in all, it is a great game. I just wish EA would start "finishing" their great games. i.e optimizations or something for them to run well *cough* BATTLEFILED 2 *cough*. And to finish off rough edges and/or glitches in their maps. (sometimes, also BF2)

[XC] leviathan18
03-10-2006, 11:44 AM
i have the game for pc no fps drops but i can understand what you say sometimes i hit something just to take corner better as i did many times in nfsu1 and 2 and now the car get stuck annoying

other thing i dont like i have the black edition and i cant upgrade any of the specials cars to play in the internet :(

krille
03-10-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm surprised you didn't mention Mia even once.

mr_knowitall15
03-11-2006, 09:53 AM
meh, she wasnt that big of a character IMO. I mean she kinda helped you out throughout the game, and it seemed like she almost screwed you over atfter you beat razor, but then she tells you how to get away by dukes of hazarding over the ol bridge.

sky
03-11-2006, 04:08 PM
just a famous name to carry the game, i guess. not too bad looking one either

jabski
03-11-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm surprised you didn't mention Mia even once.

Yeah its all about mia lol :gamer: :gamer: