PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts , figures and specters? Have you ever seen one?

amd4me
03-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Hello all.
I was just wondering any of you guys have evr had a supernautral xperience?
Have you ever seen a ghost or an alien or a demon?
I would love to know everybody's story!
There are these thigns in my house which are abou 12 feet tall and super thin.
I will be sitting on my couch watching tv and out of the corner of my eye i will see these things go shuffleing by.
Thats my only experience and I have only seen it twice(3 years apart).

charlesbronsen
03-10-2006, 07:09 AM
about 7 years ago at my moms house, this girl and i were playing ouigi board in the garage<so we could smoke>. Now she was really into this kinda stuff and i was just going along with her, ya know. Anyway she was moving rite along talking to spirits or whatever. i was just playing it out keeping my hand on this pointer thing, which im convinced she was moving. Any way at one point she said "give me a sign" or something to that effect, when a shovel hanging on the wall fell. Now this doesnt seem like much but it scared the hell outta me! Now i know its not like seeing a ghost and i dont really fall for all that supernatural stuff, but this is sketched in my memory...MEMORY BURN.

SPQQKY
03-10-2006, 10:38 PM
I saw a ghost of my former self the other day. He was happy, sober and lively. Now exactly where did he go?

Frisch
03-11-2006, 08:02 AM
I saw a ghost of my former self the other day. He was happy, sober and lively. Now exactly where did he go?
:D

I know a song about that, by Supertramp :D

When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful,
a miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical.
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily,
joyfully, playfully watching me.
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible,
logical, responsible, practical.
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable,
clinical, intellectual, cynical.

There are times when all the world's asleep,
the questions run too deep
for such a simple man.
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
but please tell me who I am.

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
liberal, fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
acceptable, respecable, presentable, a vegtable!

At night, when all the world's asleep,
the questions run so deep
for such a simple man.
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
but please tell me who I am.

TheDude
03-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Killer tune....one of my all time favorites....:up:

I saw something one night around 1974....I was arguing with my soon to be wife and it flew over top of us at tree top level. I begged her to look but she thought I was messing with her so she didn't. Then two guys came running down the street yelling if I had seen it...they had been following it for several blocks. It really was a relief that someone else saw it too. It was huge, V shaped with blue lights and did not make a sound. It was nothing I had ever seen before or since. It headed straight for Langely Air Force base so I think it could have been some top secret military project but I've always wondered if it was why was it flying low over residential areas? That was 30 years ago and nothing like it has ever been released or declassified by the government. To this day I have no clue what it was. That's it for me...no ghosts or anything like that. I'm pretty much a show me skeptic.

Cacksta
03-13-2006, 02:57 PM
New here and saw this topic and i love this subject.

Ive seen a few things but most memorable was something similar to amd4me.

Back in my old house when i was growing up, i used to see a grey almost alien face under the living room table from the family room while i was watching TV. I saw it like 3 times years apart. It was always tilted to the side like if it was listening to something. Freaked me out everytime and always have the shivers for a good while.

Also, since im from the Bay Area (California), if anyone has heard about the haunted toysRus in Sunnyvale (its been on the news, Unsolved Mysteries, and that old SciFi show Sightings), i went there before they tore it down and rebuilt it a couple feet away. In the bathroom, looking around for ghosts cause i was dumb like that, i notcied the water on in the bathroom while getting a drink of water. i walked in and saw toilet paper all over the place. As i started to walk out cause i was already freaked out, something blurred right down the bathroom hallway and back into the main store out of the corner of my eye. That was about the only visual thing to happen in the toysRus. Some other things were toys turning on by there own when im in the other lane or stuff just sitting in the middle of the lane when there was no one around.

I have a few other things but didnt want to write a book here. :cool: lol

J-Mag
03-13-2006, 03:57 PM
I was arguing with my soon to be wife

LOL! Getting a head start on things, eh?

Background:
Many people who claim to have been abducted by aliens or the like most likely experienced sleep paralysis. It occurs when the body awakes during REM sleep.

My experience:
This phenomena happend to me once a couple years ago. I awoke and was completely concious yet had no ability to move. It is hard to describe, but I felt an evil presence and there was this growling type noise with a consistant tone that was emminating from everywhere. It was pretty freaky actually, but within a minute or two it was gone. Some people see will see things as well, but I had no visual hallucinations.

Frisch
03-13-2006, 04:38 PM
. Some people see will see things as well, but I had no visual hallucinations.
The brain is a funny thingy.
Vision : we learn to see, it's not just something you do.
It's normal that a child, if it sees a picture in a magazine of a toy, that it takes it for the real thing (3d, when in fact a 2d picture). It thinks that, lets say a picture of a car, would actually drive if it were cut out of the magazine.
In short, leaning the dimensions, is the art of seeing.
Hearing : learn to interpret sounds is very important. ( used as a torture method, change sound intervals, direction, and the time between them. )
Smell
Feel
Optical illusion
We are cheated by our senses, which do not represent the "true" Vision, sound, smell, or impact (feeling) we translate it to be.
So, it's very hard, unless we use tools that are better than us to translate the surroundings, to say something has happened, based on a story.

Reznik Akime
03-13-2006, 08:52 PM
LOL! Getting a head start on things, eh?

Background:
Many people who claim to have been abducted by aliens or the like most likely experienced sleep paralysis. It occurs when the body awakes during REM sleep.

My experience:
This phenomena happend to me once a couple years ago. I awoke and was completely concious yet had no ability to move. It is hard to describe, but I felt an evil presence and there was this growling type noise with a consistant tone that was emminating from everywhere. It was pretty freaky actually, but within a minute or two it was gone. Some people see will see things as well, but I had no visual hallucinations.

I do that quite often anymore. I discovered it a long time ago, like when I was 10. Scared the high hell out of me, but never seen anything. Anyway, I became so fascinated with it I read up on it more and now can actually induce it. Its all a matter of keeping your brain active enough.. but letting it try and sleep as well. Its actually an aiding trick in lucid dreaming.. something I still have yet to master.

Anyway, I guess you could call it paranormal. A case I like to call.. "The Pet of Bigfoot."

It was a foggy morning.. as is all of these tales. I decided to sleep in a skip school and was home alone as my brother had went like he was supposed too and my parents were at work. It wasnt an hour later that I was woke up by all of our dogs barking like mad.

Disgruntled that I was awaken from a perfectly fine sleep-in, I got up to see what the hell the commotion was. I walked to the back door to peer out of the window to see what it all was.. when I see this big black shaggy looking creature thing. I mean big.. Like a bear on all fours.. yet it was big.. black and shaggy. It then just staggared back into the woods never to be seen by me again. O_o

Its all I could describe it as. I never seen anything like it and in that part of Texas, there arent anymore bears. This was like 30-50 yards away.

Scared the hell out of me cause I never seen anything like it. A few years later a friend of my brother's starts talking about seeing something similar.. Same distance though.

Thats about the most strange Ive seen.

CompGeek
03-13-2006, 09:09 PM
There is a spiritual realm, ghosts are not real but there are powers of light and darkness at war. Im not being sarcastic btw.

wwwww
03-13-2006, 10:24 PM
I once saw an ATI symbol in a mush on thermal paste on a heatsink I found in the closet if that counts...

einCe
03-17-2006, 08:05 PM
There is a spiritual realm, ghosts are not real but there are powers of light and darkness at war. Im not being sarcastic btw.
quoted for truth, my sisters mother used to be a witch and practice wicca heavily when she was in her 20's about 10 years ago. she is also a clarevoyant, the same goes for my sister but she can "tap" into it like her mother can. she still lives in the same house in which she used to practice in and i stay the night occasionally for about a week at a time. nothing really big has happened while i've been there personally, but i have expereinced quite a few things things are are a little "odd". like any normal overclocker/gamer i don't go to sleep till around 3-4 and i wake up at 7 for work. anyways. my favorite repeating experience happens in the family room on the bottom floor (3 story house bottom floor is below the foundation). it only happens mabe two or three times in a week. what happens is, i have to walk from the room i stay in, through the family room to get to the kitchen. so i open my door and close it behind me, as i walk through the family room the i hear from the cieling above me what sounds like 6 or 7 dogs scratching on a door, very loud btw. and it follows me till i get to the tile and it stops untill i get to the carpet again and it follows me back till i close my door. and when i used to sleep in my dad's old room (he died when i was 4) the closet has mirrors for doors and the bed faces it. ive only seen it once but i woke up instantly out of sleep and looked at the mirror and watched my reflection move even though i was not. plus other stuff but ive already written enough

CompGeek
03-19-2006, 10:40 AM
very interesting.

Chipmonk
03-19-2006, 12:03 PM
To be honest i think you are all bleedin nuts, go on call me a sceptic and all that but its just something that i have no beleif in but i do find the reading interesting as i worked for a number of years wit ha fellow who claimed to be able to channel spirits and was also abducted reguarly by space aliens( though he did say he went of his own free will so he couldnt be abducted could he!!!)..
ineresting reading all the same

CompGeek
03-19-2006, 12:19 PM
To be honest i think you are all bleedin nuts, go on call me a sceptic and all that but its just something that i have no beleif in but i do find the reading interesting as i worked for a number of years wit ha fellow who claimed to be able to channel spirits and was also abducted reguarly by space aliens( though he did say he went of his own free will so he couldnt be abducted could he!!!)..
ineresting reading all the same
I will say that guy IS nuts

i found nemo
03-20-2006, 07:30 PM
i SWEAR to this day that i seen my cat walk past my door through the door when i was 12. problem is cat died cuz it slept in the wheel well of the car when i was 4

mnewxcv
03-20-2006, 07:45 PM
ive heard stories that are giving me chills as i write this. well i worked over the summer at a church, so we went out to lunch, me, my mom, the preist, and some co workers. well one of the coworkers was telling his story. he worked in a bed and breakfast on the ocean and one night he was working there with some girl. the girl was around but not on the same floor. he heard sounds from upstairs, and it sounded like furniture being moved around. he went upstairs to the room but nothing was happening. the reason they were still working that late (1am or so) was because they were expecting a guest to arrive that was late. so he went back downstairs and saw a woman in the porch room siting on a couch in a white dress soaked in water. he yelled "hey" and she fell over in the couch. from this angle the back of the couch was too him so she was out of site at that point. he ran over to find nothing on the couch. after talking it over with his boss the next day humorously just thinking his mind was playing games, the boss was shocked and said that the house was originally a gift for a newly wedded couple for theyre hunnymoon. the wife drowned in the ocean behind the house on the hunnymoon, and the husband shot himself in the room upstairs after that.

now amd, i dont believe in God, but i do believe that preists can get rid of spirits. talk to a local one and have him exercize the house. personally i find nothing more scary than demons, aliens, spirits, or ghosts. good luck.

btw, i have a picture of a spirit/ghost i got when i was at my sisters college one night, it was not visable but the camera got it. her college is one of the most haunted colleges in the world (pine manor, in massachusetts) also, after getting the picture, the light that was on the walkway i was on(kind of in the woods) shut off, i bolted away as fast as possible.

Magnj
03-20-2006, 08:03 PM
I once saw what seemed like electricity kind of "crawl" it's way across the corner of my ceiling down the halway the whole length of my house...besides that nothing really, but i'm pretty sure my cat sees ghosts because she will just take off sometimes for no reason and wont come out from under the bed for hours.

mnewxcv
03-20-2006, 08:07 PM
I once saw what seemed like electricity kind of "crawl" it's way across the corner of my ceiling down the halway the whole length of my house...besides that nothing really, but i'm pretty sure my cat sees ghosts because she will just take off sometimes for no reason and wont come out from under the bed for hours.

about the cat, i know what you mean. my house used to be possessed and all the animals would go nuts. my 2 cats would run around the house and hiding with their tails wagging(for cats this is commonly a sign of fear or anger) and both my dogs would be houling at around 3am every morning. about 7-8 months ago most of these spirits have left. there are still some signs but nothing as significant.

Jester FPS
03-20-2006, 09:36 PM
The mind is powerful.

Throw in a little fear, strange noises, and some shadow = ghost/figure/specter (randomly chosen)

I've never seen anything, and even been down this one road in my agricultural town of California, it's called Old Stage Road, and supposedly a woman in a white dress was hitchhiking down it back in the 1800's or so, and a man stopped to give her a ride, then brutally raped and decapitated her in the fields, and supposedly you can see her walking down that road carrying her head. I didn't see her and it was 5am in the morning.

Also, one time I swear I saw a man on fire looking at me peeking out from the closet when I was young, it happened in this one house we used to rent, a lot of unusual stuff happened there but I disregard that "encounter" since I was young and full of imagination. :P

CompGeek
03-21-2006, 08:13 PM
ive heard stories that are giving me chills as i write this. well i worked over the summer at a church, so we went out to lunch, me, my mom, the preist, and some co workers. well one of the coworkers was telling his story. he worked in a bed and breakfast on the ocean and one night he was working there with some girl. the girl was around but not on the same floor. he heard sounds from upstairs, and it sounded like furniture being moved around. he went upstairs to the room but nothing was happening. the reason they were still working that late (1am or so) was because they were expecting a guest to arrive that was late. so he went back downstairs and saw a woman in the porch room siting on a couch in a white dress soaked in water. he yelled "hey" and she fell over in the couch. from this angle the back of the couch was too him so she was out of site at that point. he ran over to find nothing on the couch. after talking it over with his boss the next day humorously just thinking his mind was playing games, the boss was shocked and said that the house was originally a gift for a newly wedded couple for theyre hunnymoon. the wife drowned in the ocean behind the house on the hunnymoon, and the husband shot himself in the room upstairs after that.

now amd, i dont believe in God, but i do believe that preists can get rid of spirits. talk to a local one and have him exercize the house. personally i find nothing more scary than demons, aliens, spirits, or ghosts. good luck.

btw, i have a picture of a spirit/ghost i got when i was at my sisters college one night, it was not visable but the camera got it. her college is one of the most haunted colleges in the world (pine manor, in massachusetts) also, after getting the picture, the light that was on the walkway i was on(kind of in the woods) shut off, i bolted away as fast as possible.

OK, so you don't beleive in God but beleive in spirits?

Hmmm

einCe
03-21-2006, 09:33 PM
OK, so you don't beleive in God but beleive in spirits?

Hmmm
i dont believe in god either but i do believe in "spirits" as well although not aliens. much like myself he is probably a realist, meaning we don't believe anything unless we see it or it is proven. no offense to any religious, or for that manner anyone at all. but i just can't grasp the fact of god. it could have been all rumors, stories, and a writer with a good imagination. but back on topic in my old house my cat used to pause and just follow something around the room with her eyes for about 5 minutes and then run off.

mnewxcv
03-22-2006, 12:48 PM
realist i am. one thing ive considered is the space time continuum is corrupt. it could be having 2 periods of time in one period of time if you understand, but not be fully clear. it isnt easy to explain.

but I'm not sure, God and heaven/hell just don't seem possible to me. And God doesnt seem fair, not neccesarilly to myself, but in the bible. i was raised roman catholic. I cant explain spirits, ghosts, demons, aliens, etc, but i am certain they all exist.

CompGeek
03-22-2006, 01:00 PM
ghosts don't exists, spirits/demons/angels do.

Aliens, I cant sat for certain, but I say highly unlikely.

mnewxcv
03-22-2006, 01:07 PM
ghosts don't exists, spirits/demons/angels do.

Aliens, I cant sat for certain, but I say highly unlikely.

why not ghosts?

also, aliens i find highly likely. its possible for us to have magically appeared on this planet, why not another life form on another planet?

charlesbronsen
03-22-2006, 01:45 PM

......that kinda freaked me out for a second. Ok im fine meow

CompGeek
03-22-2006, 01:48 PM
Because God says nothing about creating life outside the earth.

When people die, they go to heaven or hell, they can't stay on earth an dwell as ghosts.

Now, I can say that it is possible for demons to appear in a form that may imitate someone who died, I don't have any idea how often this happens.

mnewxcv
03-22-2006, 01:51 PM
how do you know God didnt create life outside of earth? did he make the other planets for :banana::banana::banana::banana:s and giggles? you know the bible doesnt tell everything.

also, off topic a little, if God is all forgiving, why does he damn some to hell? remember the 2 criminals who got cruxified with jesus?

CompGeek
03-22-2006, 02:04 PM
how do you know God didnt create life outside of earth? did he make the other planets for :banana::banana::banana::banana:s and giggles? you know the bible doesnt tell everything.

also, off topic a little, if God is all forgiving, why does he damn some to hell? remember the 2 criminals who got cruxified with jesus?
You have to repent and ask for forgiveness.

And I know the Bible doesn't tell everything, which is why I won't say aliens don't exist, I just doubt it.

Weedsqueezer
03-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Aliens subject...go to hubblesite.org i think and look at the "Deep field" images.. millions of galaxys out there each with gazillions of stars....How many planets float around those stars?????? and how many of them could be earth-like..i.e to sustain somekind of life....Boggles my mind just trying to comprehend the enormous possibility. Discovery of intelligant life from another (or even this) galaxy would be Pure luck givin the amount of possibilites.

Now for alien definition. I define it as ANYTHING not from here originally. either being teressterial or extra teressterial. anyone think an alien is only an intelligent being or only humanoid?

btw.. lots of big words in here, so no pickin on my spelling :)

einCe
03-23-2006, 03:22 AM
Because God says nothing about creating life outside the earth.

When people die, they go to heaven or hell, they can't stay on earth an dwell as ghosts.

Now, I can say that it is possible for demons to appear in a form that may imitate someone who died, I don't have any idea how often this happens.
anyone had experiences with shapeshifters? :D

mnewxcv
03-23-2006, 12:32 PM
anyone had experiences with shapeshifters? :D

not yet for me

amd4me
03-23-2006, 01:08 PM
well , I have had some experience with shape shifters.
My sister is a good person but for one week out of every month she turns into a heartelss B!tch hel! bent on crushing my soul.

mnewxcv
03-23-2006, 01:39 PM
lol, if thats not sibling rivalry, then i have LOTS of experience with shape shifters :p:

for real tho, contact a preist.

Sloppy
03-24-2006, 08:02 AM
I have never seen one, but I have had an experience once. My grandmas house was built in 1876. It's one of the oldest houses in our area. When I was around 9, I woke up at 2 or 3 in the morning to go downstairs and get something to drink. It was only myself, my grandma and grandpa home. I was pouring my drink when I heard the toilet flush, about 10 feet from me. Every hair on my body stood up and I ran back upstairs and hid under the blanket! I know for a fact no one was in there, because they have their own bathroom upstairs. Also you have to walk past the bathroom downstairs to get to the kitchen....It was completely dark down there. They asked why the milk was left out and I told them about it, they said they have heard it before...I was freaked!

There is also a reading light by a chair my great grandpa used to read by before he died. My grandma turns off all the lights before she goes to bed, almost every morning when she wakes up, she has to turn the reading light off again...

mnewxcv
03-24-2006, 02:32 PM
I have never seen one, but I have had an experience once. My grandmas house was built in 1876. It's one of the oldest houses in our area. When I was around 9, I woke up at 2 or 3 in the morning to go downstairs and get something to drink. It was only myself, my grandma and grandpa home. I was pouring my drink when I heard the toilet flush, about 10 feet from me. Every hair on my body stood up and I ran back upstairs and hid under the blanket! I know for a fact no one was in there, because they have their own bathroom upstairs. Also you have to walk past the bathroom downstairs to get to the kitchen....It was completely dark down there. They asked why the milk was left out and I told them about it, they said they have heard it before...I was freaked!

There is also a reading light by a chair my great grandpa used to read by before he died. My grandma turns off all the lights before she goes to bed, almost every morning when she wakes up, she has to turn the reading light off again...

well not to make u think u didnt experience anything, but a toilet flushing can be a # of things. i saw on this old house or something a toilet flushed by itself, because the "floater" inside the toilet wasnt original, and was under water, causing the seal to lift inside, flowing water through, and, in turn, flushing.

einCe
03-24-2006, 09:00 PM
not yet for me
you better hope it stays that way :nono:

mnewxcv
03-25-2006, 11:39 AM
you better hope it stays that way :nono:

eh, I mean i get scared :banana::banana::banana::banana:less by things like that lol, but even so, it would be quite and experience and probably worth pissing myself and :banana::banana::banana::banana:ting myself :D

Chipmonk
03-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Just Today in BRADFORD UK a mass spectre sighting happend when i got out of my car to ask directions mst of the local population fecked of shouting GHOOOOOSSSSSTTTTT..........

uk centric joke ;)

charlesbronsen
03-27-2006, 01:57 PM
geez Chipmonk thats a freaky looking pic in your avatar.

Chipmonk
03-28-2006, 11:00 AM
geez Chipmonk thats a freaky looking pic in your avatar.

Father Jack Haket @ your service sir.

charlesbronsen
03-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Father Jack Haket @ your service sir.
I hope i dont get him during my next confession, doesnt look so forgiving.

bullet2urbrain
03-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Coast to Coast AM? for any of the American's on here? or people via the Web?

either way i go to school at another one of the most Haunted College's in the US of A (Ohio University, Athens Ohio)

look us up...

when i moved in a week early to my dorm there was only 7 of us in a building which now houses 240 people. and i can say there was most certainly something different here, i had an eerie feeling of unnatural presence the whole time.

also there exists many legends of which one i can confirm, The Devils face in the door in Wilson Hall in Athens Ohio. it is one of the scariest things i've ever seen.

www.hauntedathens. com or something like it.

Entity_Razer
03-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Some weird stuff happend to me but nothing as freacky as some of your readings hears.

BTW I DO believe in spirits/ghosts. Why? Humans consist of energy, the entire universe does, and since the universe is a closed circuit concerning energy, when we die, the energy needs to go somewhere and that is my "explenation" for spirits and ghosts.

Don't like the idea of my dead relatives watching me do things though... Some things are best kept private :D

IFMU
03-29-2006, 05:19 AM
Ok people ffs.
Keep this thread on topic, not about religion! I am half tempted to go through a delete about a third of the posts here just to remove that crap. This thread is not about religions, dont make it so or it will get killed off as quick as the others.

del_fuego
03-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Anyone here seen 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose'? Check it out - based on actual events. Oh, and watch it at 3am, you'll see what i mean.

Formann
04-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Our mind is always playing tricks on us. Just think about all the strange things we dream about.

Everything is an illusion. Like when we look at the grass. Green right? .. wrong. The grass itself is not green, it only reflects light at a certain wavelength that the eye and the brain has been tought to think of as green.
Sometimes our brains get things wrong.. if we are afraid of or wants to belive in ghosts, some of us see them.
We see what we want to see, or what we are afraid of. Nothing new.

Our house is built on an old viking graveyard where they also fought battles. Hundreds or even tousands of people have died and been burried here. Still, I have not seen a single ghost or experienced any strange things. Nor has the rest of the neighboorhood. As far as I know anyway.

Windows is not the only thing that has bugs :)