PDA

View Full Version : hiyo, been ages since i turned up in here, hasn't it?

SlicerSV
03-06-2006, 04:11 PM
well, i have a problem (duh!)

i bought an excelstor P-ATA 133 hard drive from newegg some short time ago, and appearantly, newegg discontinued carrying ALL excelstor media... i just got off the phone with newegg, and appearantly i have to get a hold of excelstor in order to get a reference or something like that, then call newegg back to get an RMA...

the problem is, i tried emailing excelstor, and still haven't heard back from them, i checked on their phone number, and they only have an international number in china...

but all that is kinda unnecessary, except to give background. my hard drive has loose data pins and therefore is unstable. does anyone know how to repair data pins since i obviously cannot make a return on this product?

mesyn191
03-06-2006, 11:32 PM
I don't think its possible to repair them if they're lose, too easy to make things worse IMO...

SlicerSV
03-11-2006, 08:30 AM
well... i was talking to some fellows at a job and they said that if i'm careful i might be able to get the pin pulled back tight and then apply some solder, VERY carefully, and get it working again... i don't really trust myself though...

i guess i'm going to try calling the dorks and find out if i can do anything...

Daved+
03-11-2006, 09:20 AM
I'd just take it to a hardware repair shop.