PDA

View Full Version : Asus A8N32-SLI + G.SKILL 2x1GB PC4000 HZ

Divvy
03-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Please can someone help me?
I have an motherboard Asus A8N32-SLI and the G.SKILL 2x1GB PC4000 HZ SERIES DUAL CHANNEL .
But I cant working with Dual Channel... The computer only works with 1GB. If I put the other in dual Channel, The windows gives me an blue screen and reboots!
Please, can you help me? What I need to do? Is there any config that I could use in BIOS?

P.S. Sorry for my poor english

GSKILL TECH
03-03-2006, 04:42 PM
i got your email but not yet reply
becasue there are something i am going to show you later today

Divvy
03-05-2006, 11:00 AM
i got your email but not yet reply
becasue there are something i am going to show you later today

Hi!
Do you have anything for me? :)
I already make the computer works with dual channel but I dont know if my bios settings are ok! I create another post in here:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1316187&postcount=1373

GSKILL TECH
03-06-2006, 12:05 PM
picture host is down again... i am going to ask for another good host....

and after i check your bios setting, still many "setting" not "memory timing" is different. please correct it.

Divvy
03-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi G.S Technician!
Can you help me to configure my BIOS?
I already have problems with my memories... but now, I discover this topic (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1313315&postcount=1) and help me alot! I have dual channel working now! I never did It!
But I only change the memory settings, because if I do the same like that topic, my computer reboots in the windows logo.
So, can someone help me changing the other settings? Or I dont need It?

This is my computer:

NZXT Lexa
AMD OPTERON 64 175 DENMARK SOCKET 939
Zalman CNPS 9500 Led
SEASONIC S12-600 600W SLI SUPERSILENT
Asus A8N32-Sli Deluxe nForce4Sli SK939
G.SKILL 2x1GB PC4000 HZ SERIES DUAL CHANNEL
Western Digital Disco Rigido 250gb 16MB Sata II
EVGA 7800GT CO 256MB DDR3 PCIe

And this is my BIOS:

Divvy
03-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Can you see the images now? :)
Sorry for the double post but my english is very poor and I dont understood what do you mean with "correct it".
I need help to configure my bios... I think the memory settings are ok but with the rest I dont know...

GSKILL TECH
03-06-2006, 03:35 PM
your LDT is not correct! don't use auto, maunally set to 3X or 4x is better

Divvy
03-06-2006, 03:52 PM
your LDT is not correct! don't use auto, maunally set to 3X or 4x is better

Sorry for the dumb question but... what is LDT and where do I changed? :)

GSKILL TECH
03-06-2006, 04:17 PM
ops sry i reply to wrong person :(

your AI overclock please change to manual or disable

Divvy
03-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Done! I put Manual... Thanks ;)
The rest of config are ok?

Divvy
06-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Hi G.S Technician,

Well, almost 2 years have passed since my last reply, and I am here again, because some reason Iīve lost my bios config, don't know why. And now, my memory problems are back, my computer is always restarting.
My luck was the screenshots that I have posted above hehe :)
I have put everything like that and changed the AI overcloking to Manual like you said in your last message in this topic.
But I notice something... when I change "Auto" to "Manual" like you said, appears a new value...

Hereīs in Auto:

AI overclocking [Auto]
SB to NB OverClock [Auto]
Adjust PCIE Frequency [100]
PEG Link Mode [Auto]

And if I change the AI to Manual:

AI overclocking [Manual]
CPU FSB Frequency [200] ---> Is this value ok?
SB to NB OverClock [Auto]
Adjust PCIE Frequency [100]
PEG Link Mode [Auto]

Another thing about a setting that I forgot to mention last time:
Advanced Chipset Settings
K8 to NB Frequency [Auto]
K8 to NB LinkWidth [Auto]
SB to NB Frequency [5x]
SB to NB LinkWidth [16 (down arrow) 16 (up arrow)]
Is this ok?

Primary Graphics Adapter -> PciE1 -> PCI -> PciE2
Is this ok?

Thatīs all, I really appreciate if you (or someone) could help me...
thank you very much :)

GSKILL TECH
06-27-2008, 08:02 AM
CPU FSB Frequency [200] -------> that is for your CPU FSB, and it is good

Advanced Chipset Settings ------> As long as you don't change your FSB (above option), this is ok

Primary Graphics Adapter -> PciE1 -> PCI -> PciE2 -------> this depends on what slot is your video card installed. but i think you are using PCIE1 so that is good

Divvy
06-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Thank you G.S Technician :)

Divvy
07-10-2008, 03:51 PM
G.S Technician, I have some problems with my video cards... is possible that my memory settings on BIOS is causing this?
Someone has told me that my BIOS could overvolting my video card...

I've had this Samsung SyncMaster 997MB for about a year now and I'm not very happy with it.

The problem (well, there are several, but the one that irritates me the most) is that even when I set the brightness to the absolute minimum, I cannot get a true black. Normally, when you turn the brightness to zero on a CRT, it should look as though it is turned off.

ps - I have already tried every gamma adjusting method there is. There is a set level of brightness that this monitor simply CANNOT go below.

I have tested another monitor in my computer, and got the same problem, so I think that the problem isn't in my monitor, but in my video card. It is possible?

I have a eVGA 7800 GT PCI-E 256MB.

Another problem that I notice, is in desktop... in the right of the display, my files have too much bright... like this:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2j3hf9j.jpg (Not exactly, this was edit in photoshop)

And with photoshop open with a black background, I got something like this:
http://i35.tinypic.com/axcwg8.jpg (Not exactly, this was edit in photoshop)

This is very URGENT for me because I have my eyes hurts... I need glasses because of this problem, I am working at home over a year with this problem.

Thank you

tiro_uspsss
07-10-2008, 05:41 PM
G.S Technician, I have some problems with my video cards... is possible that my memory settings on BIOS is causing this?
Someone has told me that my BIOS could overvolting my video card...

I've had this Samsung SyncMaster 997MB for about a year now and I'm not very happy with it.

The problem (well, there are several, but the one that irritates me the most) is that even when I set the brightness to the absolute minimum, I cannot get a true black. Normally, when you turn the brightness to zero on a CRT, it should look as though it is turned off.

ps - I have already tried every gamma adjusting method there is. There is a set level of brightness that this monitor simply CANNOT go below.

I have tested another monitor in my computer, and got the same problem, so I think that the problem isn't in my monitor, but in my video card. It is possible?

I have a eVGA 7800 GT PCI-E 256MB.

Another problem that I notice, is in desktop... in the right of the display, my files have too much bright... like this:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2j3hf9j.jpg (Not exactly, this was edit in photoshop)

And with photoshop open with a black background, I got something like this:
http://i35.tinypic.com/axcwg8.jpg (Not exactly, this was edit in photoshop)

This is very URGENT for me because I have my eyes hurts... I need glasses because of this problem, I am working at home over a year with this problem.

Thank you

the problem would be ur v.card - not ur RAM.. try a different v.card

Divvy
07-11-2008, 06:41 AM
Im not saying that my RAM is causing this...
I´m asking if this could be a bad BIOS config. Like for example in Advanced Chipset Settings or primary Graphics Adapter

tiro_uspsss
07-11-2008, 06:49 AM
Im not saying that my RAM is causing this...
Iīm asking if this could be a bad BIOS config. Like for example in Advanced Chipset Settings or primary Graphics Adapter

thats ok.

to clarify:

the G.Skill techie probably only knows BIOS settings for RAM

since the problem is quite likely ur GPU, he cant help u there - plus he probably doesnt know any video-card related BIOS settings either..

I suggest post another thread under the 'General Hardware' section :yepp: :up:

Divvy
07-11-2008, 06:52 AM
Ok, thank you mate :)

tiro_uspsss
07-11-2008, 06:56 AM
Ok, thank you mate :)

no worries! - I bet there'll be waay more ppl with the appropriate knowledge in 'General Hardware' - good luck!

btw: s939 FTW!!!! :D :toast: