PDA

View Full Version : Program for testing how hi memory goes

DAK1640
03-01-2006, 04:12 PM
What was the name of the proggy that determines how high your memory will OC? I remeber seeing the name but I forgot it. A link would be nice too.

Thx

[XC] moddolicous
03-01-2006, 04:52 PM
On one of my biostar mobos, it has a program called warpspeeder that runs a few tests, then overclocks your comp, then re-runs the tests. The type of program your looking for would have to come with the mobo I would think.

GSKILL TECH
03-01-2006, 05:05 PM
you can try my method for quick test
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89366

cadaveca
03-01-2006, 05:52 PM
how abt systool? i've been using it for qutie a few months, and wizzard has done a pretty good job. I just wish he'd integrate ATITool directly into Systool.

Shown is how i set it up..and as GS tech posted in the link above, start with max cpu volts and lower multi, whcich i set in bios and boot into windows with, then run systool. what's great about systool is that you can set it so that it will go downwards once you'ce hit a max, for long-term stability testing.

DAK1640
03-01-2006, 05:57 PM
what is clockgen? It's listed in G.S Technician guide///

RiceLover
03-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Whatever happened to good old memtest?

cadaveca
03-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Whatever happened to good old memtest?

It's not automated

equalizr
03-01-2006, 08:48 PM
man, systool is the bomb. It actually found my max fsb and everything for me without rebooting 10000 times :banana: :YIPPIE: and i even tested it in 3dmark.

thank you thank you thank you for showing me that program!!!

cadaveca
03-01-2006, 09:14 PM
I couldn't pimp this program enough. It's got everything any overclocker has ever wanted in a GUI to interface with thier hardware. I don't understand why i don't see more people using it.

Each and every issue i have had, i have pm'd wizzard about and very shortly after he's fixed the problem. After testing on several boards for several months, the only thing lacking in this program is gigabyte motherboard support, but i know he can add this on easily is someone actually needed it. This is more than i can say about any of the other proggies I've used.

Clockgen and A64tweaker included in the package, as well as hardware manitoring, so i see no reason to use those programs, nor prime95 or anything else, although i still go back ot each to ensure that everything is hunky-dory...and usually it is.

People are praising people link Sampsa and Macci for breaking records, but when it comes time to contributing to the community, i think Wizzard should deserve some recognition as well. He was there too, after all.