PDA

View Full Version : Right click: Open File in another program

Kemble
02-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Ok... So I want to edit a .jpg file so I can resize it for uploading to a web site. If I double click the file it defaults and opens up in MS Picture viewer which is fine. When I want to edit it it opens up in MS Paint. But since MS Paint isnt really that friendly with resizing, I want to edit my .jpg with Photoshop (typical).

My problem is.... When I right click the file and go to Open With.... Photoshop isn't in my list, so I then proceed to browse my computer for the .exe and open it that way. I used to be able to do this on my old computer but now since my new computer I always get nothing. I select the Photoshop.exe from the browser menu and Photoshop doesnt open. My computer just sits there like I never told it do anything.

However.... If I open up Photoshop I can open up the file by going to Open from the file menu and browsing for that file.

Can anyone explain to me why I cant edit a file with Photoshop while going through the Edit With... when you right click a file?

My version of Photoshop is 5.0 but that shouldn't matter because I was once able to fo this before I gota new computer.