PDA

View Full Version : G.Skill F1-3200BWU2-1GBGH 2x512MB hate each other.

AAdjuster
02-26-2006, 07:50 AM
I have the G.Skill F1-3200BWU2-1GBGH 2x512MB memory.
Each stick can do 250mhz by themselves.
But put both sticks in they go crazy, they act like they hate each other.
Which slot's you put them doesn't matter same thing happens.
They like each other up to 217mhz but after that, I get thousands of errors in memtest. Windows memtest fails also.
Memory settings don't matter either.

Right now I can use either G.Skill stick with 2 sticks of Corsair xms 3500 2x256, at 2t timings of course with no problems.

I think these 2 sticks want a divorce. Because they are not happy campers.
I'm not looking for a rma as this memory does it's avertised speed.

Just a reason why this memory won't play nice.:confused:

GSKILL TECH
02-27-2006, 10:19 AM
I have the G.Skill F1-3200BWU2-1GBGH 2x512MB memory.
Each stick can do 250mhz by themselves.
But put both sticks in they go crazy, they act like they hate each other.
Which slot's you put them doesn't matter same thing happens.
They like each other up to 217mhz but after that, I get thousands of errors in memtest. Windows memtest fails also.
Memory settings don't matter either.

Right now I can use either G.Skill stick with 2 sticks of Corsair xms 3500 2x256, at 2t timings of course with no problems.

I think these 2 sticks want a divorce. Because they are not happy campers.
I'm not looking for a rma as this memory does it's avertised speed.

Just a reason why this memory won't play nice.:confused:
do you try to increase the voltage?

AAdjuster
02-27-2006, 06:04 PM
do you try to increase the voltage?

Yes I did try increaseing the voltage, but still the same problem.

Santo
02-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Hi AAdjuster & CandymanCan,

Perhaps you have problem with your mobo with Dual Channel, because you have both a DFI LP UT250GB...
Have you tried with an other mobo ?

AAdjuster
03-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Hi AAdjuster & CandymanCan,

Perhaps you have problem with your mobo with Dual Channel, because you have both a DFI LP UT250GB...
Have you tried with an other mobo ?

Sorry I don't have access to another mobo, to try these sticks in.

AAdjuster
03-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Well to update my progress these 2 sticks of ram just won't peform above 217mhz. No matter whar timings used or slots they are in. Or voltage used.

I tried running memtest last night on some new settings, it was amazing the errors I got.

AAdjuster
03-05-2006, 04:17 AM
You might have bad memory controller on ur cpu. Have you tried 2 sticks of ram together but from a diff brand ?

Try using diff slots

My Corsair XMS3500C2v1.1 BH-5 2x256mb will do 260mhz with no problems. Also I can take either stick of the G.Skill ram and add to the 2 sticks of Corsair ram and it will run with no problem's at 250mhz. 3 sticks of ram installed has no problems at all, so i don't think it's the memory controller. But put just the G.Skill ram in and I get hundreds of thousand's of error's in memtest test 5 all other memtest test's are fine.

Install either stick of the G.Skill ram 1 at a time and each will do 250mhz with no problems. But install both sticks of the G.Skill at the same time, I get hundred's of thousand's of error's in memtest.

Slot's 1-3 no go.
Slot's 1-2 no go.
Slot's 2-3 cause's memory beeping.

I think both of these G.Skill ram module's must be female, because they are doing their very best to irrtate me.:D

AAdjuster
03-05-2006, 04:55 AM
I had the same problem with some Geil duel channle Golden dragon ram along time ago. It was wierd they worked fine by themselves and with other sticks, but together i would get thousands of error's. I RMA'D emm 2 times no luck finally ended up getting my money back.

Try increasing the voltage. The DFI board can do 3.1v and 4v with Tictac 5/04 bios im reading some of the reviews on newegg and stuff and they say the ram wants 3v +.

One guy says the ram wont overclock 10mhz using 3.0v and below. You might have to raise it 3.1-3.2 ect volts. Get the Tictac 5/04 bios with voltage up to 4.0v and start pumping the volts. I belive this is BH-5 ram and they love voltage. Iv seen people use 3.6v+

http://www.lejabeach.com/DFI/dfiut250gb/dfiut250gbbios.html

I've tried voltage up to 3.6v before, this does not work either. I can do 250mhz with 2x256 Corsiar and 1 G.Skill installed at the same time using 3.4v.

Using both stick's of G.Skill doing 250mhz at 3.4 to 3.6 is still a no go.

AAdjuster
03-05-2006, 06:45 AM
Id RMA them then that isnt right. Can you do like 230-240mhz using that voltage tho or are ustill stuck @ 217mhz

Right now I'm 238mhz on 180 divider.

I have no plan's to RMA the G.Skill ram seeing that they will do the advertised rated speed.

RMA'ing something that don't meet your expectation's in my opinion is unethical.

I quess I'll keep playing with these stick's and maybe get lucky later on.:)