PDA

View Full Version : Dial 471-rick

Serra
02-24-2006, 12:12 PM
So me and my friend are just sitting down in a library today, surfing the 'net, when he decides to enable bluetooth on his Mac (I know, using Macs are a bad habit, but I'm slowly bringing him around to seeing why it's right to get next gen hardware when paying next gen prices). Anyway, in addition to a lot of "Nokia 6620"'s, guess what else we found:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/PKFC/471rick.jpg

That's right! 471-rick. So, we called rick at (you guessed it!) 471-RICK. Lo and behold, he answered. After first making sure we got the right Rick, we explained to him about how with bluetooth advertising his phone number, he's probably a lot more likely to get annoying calls like this. It's just bad security practice.

We thought it was enough, but then we found him again later. We let him know (again) that we can still see him, and reminded him again how bluetooth works.

So in conclusion, if you live in the Calgary area, call Rick! It's easy, just dial (403) 471-RICK. He clearly wants you to, or he would have stopped advertising his phone number. :slap:

Or even better for all you guys with VoIP and free long distance who want to try calling Canada for a change, Rick's open for business. :banana:

Just tell him you found his number via bluetooth, and that he can blame Serra and PKFC.

Serra

nn_step
02-24-2006, 12:16 PM
You should try (517)867-5309
and you can blame Tommy Tutone and his crappy music

trakslacker
02-24-2006, 01:18 PM
You should try (517)867-5309
and you can blame Tommy Tutone and his crappy music

oldest trick in the book. The rick thing is just awesome though. He must kick a lot of ass if he can get his phone number named after him. :D ;)

STEvil
02-24-2006, 11:57 PM
its not hard to do.. I also have a custom number. Cost me $15 and its a one-time deal.

Starscream
02-25-2006, 03:48 AM
:p: na he didnt change his number.
he simply changed his name to fit his number.
so imagin the hell he goes threw each time he gets a new number.