PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow (tuesday) I think i'm buying my 2006 Evolution IX. Any Dynamat alternatives?

Andrew LB
02-21-2006, 01:34 AM
Yeah.... i know the sun, sound and leather package comes with a 300+ watt 7 speaker sound system but i'm planning on going with something superior. I'm starting off with my SoundStream Reference 500s amplifier with two 12" Boston Acoustics Pro Series 12's in a custom box i made instead of the factory sub the upgraded sound system comes with. I may replace the Infiniti speakers which are also included depending on if they sound any good. My experience with even "upgraded sound" in any car is that its crap. My 2001 Audi A4 had BOSE for its upgrade and it was nothing special.

My main question is, does anyone know some good alternatives to Dynamat to save me money? I'm looking at spray on sound deadening material since i'm going to do the trunk, doors, and even the floorboards under the carpet. And Dynamat would cost a fortune. I've heard of two companies called www.fatmat.com and www.tacmat.com but never used them. Any comments, suggestions, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Coroner Kyle
02-21-2006, 02:31 AM
There's also something called Roadkill I think it's made by Stinger, but don't quote me on that. I had an Evo 8 and I used that stuff everywhere to kill sound b/c that car was so loud, but it's an Evo and it's supposed to be light and fast with disregard to luxury of any sort. I thought you were talking about getting an S4.

Andrew LB
02-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Nah. I got such a great deal on the EVO i couldnt pass it up. I just posted another thread about my buy yesterday. check it out.

I'll go luxury when i'm a little older and richer.