PDA

View Full Version : Best way to recover from RAID-0 partition error ?

mrlithium
02-20-2006, 08:41 PM
I need to recover from a stupid error caused by norton ghost. I have raid 0 with 2 74gb SATA raptors, and I wanted to generate a backup for good measure. The program ran out of space on the target drive (80gb ide) and norton ghost rebooted the computer. Ghost also decided to write a 7mb bootable DOS partition to the end of the array...
This somehow makes Windows (booting off the 80gb ide) see the array as 2 seperate drives and neither are readable of course. Basically somehow the array got corrupted, I just need to recover like 3gb of important stuff off it really.. Just need to save it, whats the best way to do something like that ?

nn_step
02-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Knoppix CD and a working DVD RW drive..

mrlithium
02-21-2006, 11:34 AM
how about a Knoppix DVD and a working CD-RW drive? hehe, I'd rather make 5 seperate CDs or whatever it takes.

I'm d/l'ing the DVD iso and burning Knoppix now but i've never used it. Im sure i can figure it out. However I had another version of linux on cd called "linux systemrescue CD" and I booted with that and the thing recognized my 138gb array as 2 individual 69gb raptors. However the NVIDIA raid status says "Healthy" on boot. So how would i go about reconstructing a RAID in knoppix?

nn_step
02-21-2006, 02:24 PM
how about a Knoppix DVD and a working CD-RW drive? hehe, I'd rather make 5 seperate CDs or whatever it takes.

I'm d/l'ing the DVD iso and burning Knoppix now but i've never used it. Im sure i can figure it out. However I had another version of linux on cd called "linux systemrescue CD" and I booted with that and the thing recognized my 138gb array as 2 individual 69gb raptors. However the NVIDIA raid status says "Healthy" on boot. So how would i go about reconstructing a RAID in knoppix?
Dude just work with standard Knoppix CD.. it is all you need...