PDA

View Full Version : please help me with this stupid celeron!!!(solder mod)

aja
02-19-2006, 12:04 PM
my specs are as in my sig...

first the story:

I have a celeron 2.53ghz cpu I know is capable of at least 4ghz, I have a motherboard rated to 266fsb, I have a zalman 7700 cooling the cpu, I have changed memory multipliers, but that is not the issue...I cant get a single mhz higher than an fsb of 190mhz...I think that the onboard graphics card is limiting my overclock......if I enter an fsb of 191mhz or higher in the bios, reboot and it shows 190....

I have tried everything....

all I can think of now is to do this solder mod here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=69913)

I have never done anything like this, and I want to know if this will work to change my 533fsb cpu to an 800 fsb?and which pins should I connect?I tried reading through the posts and its links, I read through some technical documents on intel, but I cannot find anything useful, maybe I am just looking in the wrong places?

also, in the original post, the author mentions connecting two pins, but the (rather blurry) foto shows four that are connected?

where are these "white pages" that show the cpu layout?(like where are these bsel things on my cpu?)

any advice will be greatly appreciated, I really need to get this celery stick going!please help a newbie in the field of xtreme mods!

thank you all!

aja
02-19-2006, 10:50 PM
oh, and what soldering iron should I use? is a 30W okay?:confused:

STEvil
02-19-2006, 11:28 PM
might be a better idea to just use a pencil or conductive ink of some type.. solder will raise the pads slightly and other points near there may lose contact somewhat.

aja
02-20-2006, 12:16 PM
might be a better idea to just use a pencil or conductive ink of some type.. solder will raise the pads slightly and other points near there may lose contact somewhat.

ah, good idea!

thankx!

enno
03-07-2006, 01:53 AM
right, I'm agree with STEvil.
Why don't you try to use some conductive paint? it's much more better and if in the future you want to sell that thing, it will be more valueable :D

best regards,

enno

Thrilla
03-07-2006, 07:47 AM
Use the paint for repairing car windshield heaters. I had those paint to unlock my athlon xp CPUs a while ago, works great!

bigval
03-08-2006, 08:31 PM
I've never heard of someone unlocking a celeron D into a full prescott?

PyroFire
03-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Imo, its alot better to use solder, better connection and your a man, conductive pen is for :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:(cats)

Also for soldering small fine components id recommend a 15watt over a 30.