PDA

View Full Version : Laptops... Which is the best for the money???

Tweaked!
01-30-2003, 05:37 AM
The majority of my family looks at me like the guru of computers (yeah, I know, I've got them all fooled;) ), but one of my bro-in-laws runs a small htg and air business and wants to buy a laptop. He has asked me to research them and give him some advice on what would be the best for the money. He keeps eyeballing a p4 2.4gb Comcrap. So lets have it guys, whats the best bang for the buck right now on laptops???? I've never held much respect for Compaq, Hp, or several others, and I've heard that Dull makes about the best laptop, but I don't know if they're worth the money, compared to a cheaper Compaq. I owned a p///800 desktop Compaq in the past and never had any real issues out of it (other than having win Me on it), but most everyone I've conversed with online seems to think that Compaq is complete junk. H*ll, to this day, I've still got some of the old oem components from that p/// still in use (like the cdrw, dvd drive, hdd, etc...). He's not a o/cer, (especially since there's really no o/cing options in a laptop) but he has asked me to make a recommendation and the last thing I need is for him to buy one on my recommendation and then get burned from it. TIA:cool:

JBELL
01-30-2003, 12:19 PM
www.internetishop.com

http://www.internetishop.com/product_detail.asp?main_cat_no=LT&sub_cat_no=01&item=LTHBP4DD15S-VA =
LTHBP4DD15S-VA

Features IntelĀ® PentiumĀ® 4 2.53GHz (533MHz FSB) Processor

PCMCIA Type II Slot

SiS 645DX/ SiS SB962 Chipset

512MB DDR RAM Memory

40GB ATA 100 Hard Drive
15" SXGA Plus TFT LCD Monitor
24x8x12x24 DVD+CDRW Combo Drive
Internal Floppy Disk Drive
Internal Li-Ion Battery
Built-In Ethernet Adapter

Built-In Fax Modem

Built-In 1394 IEEE Firewire
Deluxe Carrying Case

JBELL
01-30-2003, 12:23 PM
BTW these laptops are built with desktop components and use heatpipe technology... very easy to upgrade and weight is not much more than your true DELL brand laptops which cvost a hell of a lot more.

jaawood
02-01-2003, 07:41 PM
I been looking at M-Tech Laptops, they come with all the fastest processors and junk like that, but I thought they were cool because you can request them w/o a os installed, and then load your own copy of xp or 2k if you want. Look like a good deal to me though. Also have fairly good integrated graphics for laptops, important if you are a "mobile gamer". Also they come in amd and intel whatever you prefer. Check it out:

http://www.m-techlaptops.com

shray
02-01-2003, 07:56 PM
sager.