PDA

View Full Version : MSI K8N Neo 4 + G.skill = BAD COMBO!

CrunchTime
02-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Hi,

I have an MSI K8n NEO 4 Platinum SLI motherboard.

I have my Gskill TCCD PC4400 chips from Gskill and I have to say, I can't find good settings for these memory sticks!

They are giving me so many errors and they can't even run 1T @ 200mhz FSB!

I've changed powersupplies, changed CPUs and all the same problems!

Please give me a list of settings to try, or else I have to give up on these sticks or something :(

GSKILL TECH
02-17-2006, 03:20 PM
1st, check with your bios.
some of the old bios can not even go over 240

Hi,

I have an MSI K8n NEO 4 Platinum SLI motherboard.

I have my Gskill TCCD PC4400 chips from Gskill and I have to say, I can't find good settings for these memory sticks!

They are giving me so many errors and they can't even run 1T @ 200mhz FSB!

I've changed powersupplies, changed CPUs and all the same problems!

Please give me a list of settings to try, or else I have to give up on these sticks or something :(

CrunchTime
02-17-2006, 03:36 PM
EDIT:

I think i've made the biggest mistake in my computer history.

Hint: You know how MSI color coordinates their dual slots, but the colors don't match? Well yes. I was running both sticks in single channel mode. Unbelievable.

Doing more testing but this was the problem.

Edit#2: Still can only boot under 1HTT, hopfully the dual channel mode will stop the crashes.

GSKILL TECH
02-17-2006, 06:43 PM
i have some friends work at the MSI
i hope i can get some info or bios for you soon
let you let once i get it :)

EDIT:

I think i've made the biggest mistake in my computer history.

Hint: You know how MSI color coordinates their dual slots, but the colors don't match? Well yes. I was running both sticks in single channel mode. Unbelievable.

Doing more testing but this was the problem.

Edit#2: Still can only boot under 1HTT, hopfully the dual channel mode will stop the crashes.

CrunchTime
02-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Sitting pretty @ 2.8ghz, 255 2T 3-4-4-8 is all this ram can go it seems though :(

CrunchTime
02-18-2006, 12:42 PM
I would if it would post.

Doesn't work at 1T any settings. This isnt the first time either. Same results on my other chip, other motherboard. (Neo 2)

CrunchTime
02-21-2006, 01:08 PM
An update:

The memory is doing EXACTLY the same as on my other Winchester 3200+ and Neo 2 motherboard.

This memory is clearly flawed.

It will not stable out at anything above 250 FSB 1:1, 3-4-4-8 2T.

These were the stable settings on my other motherboard, and this ram is stated to run at 1T at 275 MHz (which is why I paid $300 for it!!)

I really would like an RMA.

How does the RMA process work, is it possible to send me memory sticks, and I send back the old ones? I dont want to be without a computer for days on end!