PDA

View Full Version : xbox restarts at dashboard......

KickerZ
02-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Hello wow cant belive this is my first post here lol been on here alot for like a few years or something (im always at EOCF) any ways before i get to the point just wanted to clear up that it is not "illegal" to mod your XBOX only if it is used for piracy or things of that nature. ok onto the issue...

So i was going to install Xabian Linux onto my v1.5 xbox and read and read and everything but didnt want to really tear it open so i was just going to do the softmod. So i purchased everything i needed off of ebay and did the Mechinstaller softmod for those of you not familiar with this just google mechinstaller what this does is removes the XBOX live option on the XBOX dashboard and replaces it with Linux so now that that was done i just needed to wait for my yamaha pro grade cd-rw's to come in the mail so that i could make the Linux ISO cd and install it so i just played some Halo 2 and what not and the XBOX worked fine and then i turned it off when i was done and it sat for a good 3-4 weeks then finally my cd-rw's came in the mail and i made my iso CD and when i turned the xbox on to get started it did the Micosoft xbox logo and then right as the dashboard started to show it would just restart.... and continue the cycle i have no idea how this could ahve happend it worked fine long before i let it sit..... anyone know how to fix this or how to make my xbox back to normal even if i have to take it apart.. i read softmods are not very good and can cause problems so im assuming this is the problem so i was thinking maybe i will just get a modchip instead but want the xbox working again first....

any help would be great thanks.

ComputerGuy87
02-16-2006, 03:03 PM
your best bet would to be post it on a xbox moding site here is a link
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act=idx

mikenam
02-16-2006, 03:07 PM
u could have burnt a trace some where.

pancake
02-17-2006, 01:26 AM
hmm the worrying part is that you havent hard modded it so its not a case of any wires coming loose on the modchip.
Did you try doing a tsop flash or anything with the soft mod? maybe the eeprom got corrupted or something?
Best bet is to take it apart and check everything is connected properly(cat imagine why it wouldnt be but meh)
as you have the flashing red\green light you pretty much screwed as you cant boot anything, i recommend getting a modchip if theres nothing you can see imediately wrong with the box, but then theres n guarantee a modchip will allow you to fix the problem.
If you get a modchip make sure you combine a eeprom into a bios before you flash it to the chip as that will get round the corrupt eeprom if thats the case.
I hope you did as the guides recommend and backed up your eeprom hard drive and bios after you got the mod working.

KickerZ
02-18-2006, 09:53 AM
i dont remember if i did back up lol i havent really done anything but make it so it will let me boot linux so i dont know
just odd that t was working fine then stop using it for a few weeks and it dies....

EvilCloudStrife
02-23-2006, 05:32 PM
hey man i live in . I install xbox and PS2 modchips. if you want me to do one for ya, pm me.

JAWS
02-23-2006, 06:13 PM
KickerZ, let me find my cd with all my files and info. the softmod I used has been flawless and it was so easy. don't mess around with the action reply/bert and erine/mechassault.

I'll edit in a few.....