PDA

View Full Version : PSP homebrew

[XC] mysticmerlin
02-14-2006, 08:45 AM
Is anyone running homebrew and what is in it that makes it worth the hassle of doing it? I keep reading about it but just don't see it. Tell me I am missing something. :confused:

einCe
02-14-2006, 08:51 AM
cant talk about such things in forums ill pm you

[XC] mysticmerlin
02-14-2006, 08:54 AM
I don't get it. This is Extremesystems and what is more extreme after hardware moding than making the hardware do more than it was designed for?
Thanks though I will talk to you on pm.

einCe
02-14-2006, 08:56 AM
because its pirating?

[XC] mysticmerlin
02-14-2006, 09:01 AM
I guess. I just don't see it that way. It is experimenting in my eyes. But only pirating if you are steeling games and what not. That doesn't have anything to do with Homebrew it's self. I didn't ask about how to steel game rom's right?
Ok I will drop it. Just thinking out loud.

[XC] mysticmerlin
02-14-2006, 09:02 AM
BTW I love your Mariah sig. pic. She is HOT!

craig588
02-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Homebrew is perfectly legal and I'm only interested in developing my own applications. Piracy ruins consoles, without it they would all be open and development would be easy.

[XC] mysticmerlin
02-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Do you have a Dev. Kit to make them? Or can you make it in Java or C+?

craig588
02-20-2006, 05:02 PM
It can be done in C. You don't want to run Java apps on a system this slow.

The guys over at PS2 dev have a homebrew reverse engineered SDK you can download for free.

[XC] mysticmerlin
02-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Thanks Craig I will give it a look, though I am just starting to teach my self python if I can figure it out. I learn from seeing it done not reading it but it just might click for me.

DeathEvil
03-06-2006, 05:01 PM
I see most people don't undertund term HOMEBREW. I recommend PSP hacks or DCEMU PSP news for all emulators and custom made games for PSP. My favorite is gameboy color and Super inntendo emulator. PSP rocks big time, and keeps me entertained while away from my baby computer:D

craig588
03-06-2006, 05:52 PM
PSP hacks is an advertising whore. It should be avoided in all circumstances.

DCemu PSP news is a good site though, probably the only mature people in a scene full of kids. It's Sonys advertising though, they're targeting dumb kids, scaring off anyone innovative, in both the homebrew and commercial arenas.

Xenogias
03-31-2006, 09:19 PM
agreed. At his point the scene is pretty much dying. Those people who stayed with 1.5 firmware in order to do homebrew have declined significantly for a number of reasons. One is that new games cannot be pirated like the orignal games because they require newer *fixed* firmwares to run and therefore those pirates that also dabbled in homebrew have either upgraded to play the new games or sold the system. Also, Sony keeps adding features to the official firmware updates that make many of the neat homebrew programs redundant and usually of lesser quality. That said, you can still get Quake to run on it =]