PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Mitsubish Evolution? Or any Mitsubishi? How are dealers regarding mods?

Andrew LB
02-13-2006, 11:18 PM
So? Anyone know how Mitsubishi is regarding modifications on their cars and warranties? I'm looking into buying an Evo later this week but was just informed that they are nazi's regarding modifications. I found it was interesting considering their brochure on the Evolution pretty much pushes you to want to modify the car and mention modding 5 times in it.

Are they really going to give me tons of crap if i were to put an aftermarket intake, 3" exhaust, and new software in it? A local tuner shop dyno'ed a friends car at 365whp with that simple setup. And is probably the extent of any engine mods i'll do to it for now. Well..... maybe pullies and suspension.... hehe. :stick:

[XC] leviathan18
02-14-2006, 05:15 AM
why you dont ask the dealer what voids and what doesnt void your warranty... those cars are made to be moded

Andrew LB
02-14-2006, 12:48 PM
why you dont ask the dealer what voids and what doesnt void your warranty... those cars are made to be moded

Because first hand accounts are far more reliable than a dealership who more than likely would sweet talk you so you buy a car like Audi did to me when I bought my A4 in 2001. Luckily I found a dealer about 20 miles away (instead of 5 miles like my local dealer is) that was "mod friendly" and pretty much turned their heads when there was a problem most dealers would immediately blame on my modification instead of just fixing it and covering it.