PDA

View Full Version : LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert

papa_lazerous
02-13-2006, 04:09 PM
ok the subject line gives you a hint,

at present I have the Asus A8N-SLI premium in my system. the main reason for choosing this over teh DFI board at the time of building was the wide spacing of GFX cards so I could put my largemaze-4 blocks on and TEC's to get it nice and cold and the DFI couldnt accomodate that. I have reached the limit of all the Asus can give me. I've already volt modded the mobo but its just not got the strength to go anymore. I've got my X2 4800 to a stable 3058Mhz but I am mobo limited. So very shortly my Vapo chill is getting a new compressor and re-gassed (thanks Gray mole) and I want to change mobo's to get more power. I know this new DFI board has got the wider spacing that I need but I have heard that the Expert board has had a few teething problems with it killing cpu's and other nasty things I am not really upto speed with any of this. anyone who knows about this board what its plus and neagtives are or anything you want to share even f you know of any good modded BIOS files for it speak now :) coz I want to know all I can before spending yet more money on my rig

thanks

Major
02-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Expert is a great mb, like it much better than the NF4 SLI. Not very TCCD friendly, but with 2x1gig or UTT & BH you will do very well. No complains with mine ;)

papa_lazerous
02-13-2006, 04:21 PM
oh :(

When you say not very TCCD friendly how not friendly we talking? as I have some cracking OCZ's TCCD ram thats rated to run upto 300Mhz I was kinda hoping on using that

Kris
02-13-2006, 05:48 PM
You can use your tccd but it will require more tweaking on your part to get your system up and running.... Excellent borad though!

papa_lazerous
02-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Thanks Kris I am not scared to set it up and tweak thats half the fun. I had allot of fun trying to get 3Ghz stable on my asus board much of that was memory tweaks

Coroner Kyle
02-14-2006, 12:31 AM
Just know that there are a lot of memory settings that you can tweak, but Auto works pretty good to get started.

tHe_jOkeR
02-14-2006, 03:50 AM
what about UCCC sticks? does it work well or not?

dunno if i should get a expert or a other dfi....

papa_lazerous
02-14-2006, 05:14 AM
Just know that there are a lot of memory settings that you can tweak, but Auto works pretty good to get started.

I had heard the BIOS on this board was pretty extensive

palehorse
02-14-2006, 10:19 AM
what about UCCC sticks? does it work well or not?

dunno if i should get a expert or a other dfi....
The experts are doing exceptionally well with UCCC ram such as TeamGroup's, OCZ's, and Gskill's offerings!

I have the Gskill PC4000 HZ 2gb kit in mine @275@2.56v... :banana:

Kris
02-14-2006, 10:22 AM
The experts are doing exceptionally well with UCCC ram such as TeamGroup's, OCZ's, and Gskill's offerings!

I have the Gskill PC4000 HZ 2gb kit in mine @275@2.56v... :banana:

Palehorse could you share your bois settings?

Hell-Fire
02-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Until my PS2 ports went down, I was running Centon TCCD at 287HTT for benching and 275HTT 24/7 without problems. I think that is the rams limit on this board....or better put, the rams limit period. I can get over 300HTT, but with a divider.

The Expert is a great board. Just a fluke that my PS2 ports are borked. The prices keep on dropping to. She's a good $20 cheaper now then when I get her in Dec. You should look into the Venus, although I dont know off hand if its available stateside yet.

That was at 2.5-3-6-3, 2.66V, 1T