PDA

View Full Version : 900+whp Mitsubishi Evolution Video!

Andrew LB
02-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Get it while its hot!

http://www.ka-t.org/klattr1/amsevobreak900.zip

Wow.... :toast:

Talk about some serious overclocking skillz!

Romain
02-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Seen it..pretty sick car but blew up againest the Big Valley STi at the EVO, STi Shootout. Was putting down 9's i think (the STi)

[XC] leviathan18
02-13-2006, 05:54 PM
thats about 300% oc xD

incredible dyno run really amazing

Andrew LB
02-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Seen it..pretty sick car but blew up againest the Big Valley STi at the EVO, STi Shootout. Was putting down 9's i think (the STi)

It blew up? In the past 5 days? http://www.amsperformance.com/

Seems this mark of 903whp was only achieved on Feb. 8th 2006. (its on their homepage)

Btw... no need to turn this into an STI/EVO shootout thread. I'm well versed in both cars and have many friends with Subaru STI's. Many of my friends from the Southern California Quattro Club (audi guys) moved to STI's when it was released because of the raw power and building potential of the subaru. I've also spent countless hours wrenching on both cars at my house, my friends tuner shop, and at the track.

Here is me driving a friends 350whp EVO at spring mountain raceway.
http://www.kalionzes.com/photography/saturday/images/_mg_6901_jpg.jpg

And a kid at the track setting up my friends subaru with a camcorder mounted to the door... hehe. (no... it didn't fly off at 130mph thank god...)
http://www.kalionzes.com/photography/sunday/images/_mg_7053_jpg.jpg

And the owner of the Subaru on the track
http://www.kalionzes.com/photography/saturday/images/_mg_6664_jpg.jpg

And of course... hauling ass through death valley.
http://www.kalionzes.com/photography/friday/images/img_6572_jpg.jpg

I've also spent tons of time behind the wheel of both cars and will not say one is better than the other since they are both different and excell in their own things. I do like the Subaru a lot but my best friend owns one and getting the same car isnt my thing.

I'm currently in the market for a new car and was almost about to buy the new Audi S4 but after some consideration at the $47k price tag and the fact that i'm a self employeed Systems Consultant, i'm going to opt for a cheaper car for now, or at least until i get my settlement from the car accident i was in on January 3rd which totaled my Audi. (stupid drunk drivers)

Also, my neighbor works for mitsubishi and told me he would say i'm his brother in law to get me a family price on the new Evo. Which is handsomly below INVOICE. :)

I'm thinking i can get it out the door for around $27k or so since the MSRP on the car i'm looking at is around $31k. I may get the Sun, Sound, and Leather package though since i want a little luxury to the car.

Oh... and if anyone is interested, i have more pics from that weekend in Nevada here on my cheezy website. Check the Spring Valley Racing School links at the bottom. The day before i also did the Marlboro Hot Laps at the California Speedway. Got to ride shotgun doing drifting in those modded mustangs, and the road course in the Panoz Esparante GTS.

http://www.kalionzes.com/photogalleries/

MaxxxRacer
02-13-2006, 11:50 PM
tahts nuts.. 900whp..

Talk about wheel spin. I'd imagine you could get it to spin the tires in top gear from a stand still.

Andrew LB
02-14-2006, 02:03 AM
Heh.. Yeah. I 'd like to see it in action. You'd be suprised how much grip you get from a set of warmed up, very sticky R-Compound tires, and a good AWD system.
They were able to keep the car on the dyno in this case. I cannot say the same for the 1000whp Grand National (rwd of course) in the video thats been all over the net.

hixie
02-14-2006, 03:05 AM
Andrew LB, having a blue subaru without the gold rims is a crime :D

[XC] leviathan18
02-14-2006, 05:13 AM
i think the evo is better handling than the sti and if you can find a evo mr those are quite faster than normal ones..

but evo or audi s4 well i think s4 is a lot more car than the evo...

Magnj
02-14-2006, 06:02 AM
MR is just lighter no? I used to hang around Evo forums untill I realised I was about a year too young to drive and it's be at least another decade before I had the cash to drop on one lol. Now its a good old 4door chrysler for me :p. Cool video.

Romain
02-14-2006, 09:29 AM
It blew up? In the past 5 days? http://www.amsperformance.com/

Seems this mark of 903whp was only achieved on Feb. 8th 2006. (its on their homepage)

Whoops, caught me in mid-high post mistake..i was thinking about the Silver AMS Evo that ran the Big Valley which had 800?AWhp with no nitrious..sick car

Romain
02-14-2006, 09:33 AM
i think the evo is better handling than the sti and if you can find a evo mr those are quite faster than normal ones..

Stock for stock an EVO 8 is faster around the track and has better handling than an STi. I read somewhere that a change in tire pressure for the STi and there the same? Ehhh.

Andrew LB
02-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Andrew LB, having a blue subaru without the gold rims is a crime :D

LoL. Those are his track wheels with R-Compound racing tires on them. His street wheels are actually gold. The gold wheels are stacked up right behind me where i was taking that photo of the kid and the video camera.

The S4 is just a much different car. Its much more luxury and refinement. Its got a 4.2L 340hp V-8 engine, 6 speed tranny, quattro AWD, recaro seats, and probably the most refined interior you'll find under $100k in any car.

Its heavier by about 350lbs if i recall correctly and while not as nimble as the evo, its quite a beast and has an amazing v8 engine.

The S4 is just really expensive and while i'd love one, probably not the best of buy's for me right now with my financial situation.

http://www.audiusa.com/common/images/2005_int_gallery1_s4sedan_lg.jpg

http://www.audiusa.com/common/images/2005_int_gallery2_s4sedan_lg.jpg

Stock for stock an EVO 8 is faster around the track and has better handling than an STi. I read somewhere that a change in tire pressure for the STi and there the same? Ehhh.

Stock for stock, the Evo is a faster car all around. I've ridden in built evo's with professional drivers (my friend who owns Renner Motorsports in Los Angeles) and seeing personally someone like that behind the wheel really shows you what a car like that is capable of. While i'm decent at drifting. My friend has the car sideways through every turn of the track... where you're looking more out the side windows then you are out the front windshield. We call it "controlled chaos" because if it were anyone behind the wheel other than this excellent driver... you'd be scared :banana::banana::banana::banana:less.

[XC] leviathan18
02-14-2006, 01:51 PM
the MR is not just lighter there are MR fq up to 400hp stock it has a lot of carbon fiber and i think that is all... but only place ive seen MR FFQ 400 is in UK

i like the sti too specially the interior the evo has a plain interior....

the S4 is a beast of car is luxury for middle 30 sporty guys with lot of cash

aussie7
02-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Talk about suicide run on the evo :toast:

Andrew LB
02-14-2006, 10:48 PM
the MR is not just lighter there are MR fq up to 400hp stock it has a lot of carbon fiber and i think that is all... but only place ive seen MR FFQ 400 is in UK

i like the sti too specially the interior the evo has a plain interior....

the S4 is a beast of car is luxury for middle 30 sporty guys with lot of cash

The UK gets MR's with 400hp stock? Damn.... none of the cool toys land here in the US...

When i first bought my A4, i was always drooling over the 2.7 bi-turbo S4 which only came with a 260hp V6 at the time but with only a chip, exhaust, and intake... the car put down over 330hp and 300tq. But at the same time, europe got their hands on the B5 RS4 which threw down 390hp stock... a car the US never saw. Next year the US finally gets to see the new model RS4 which has over 400hp but like the previous RS4... costs a fortune. But its definitely more car than the BMW M3 that hits US shores.

Its a shame that the US rarely gets the cream of the crop Audi's. Everyone here always talks about how BMW owns everyone with their M series cars yet the whole time Audi delivers cars that blow the US M series cars away. The previous generation RS6 killed the M5 in almost everything and the new RS4 kills the M3. Audi has so much potential in the insanely powerful sport sedan/avant market but they rarely bring their ass whooping cars to the US.

I'm glad that they're finally getting a good market in the US and are spending the money to bring their top notch cars to the US. A company like Audi who dominates LeMans and dominated rally racing before they got booted has so much to bring to consumers.

Talk about suicide run on the evo

LoL. I'd like to see the lifespan of that motor. The Evo's iron block and almost two decades of use in other mitsubishi vehicles has a lot of potential considering how much time people have been tuning and building it. It definitely is a brick :banana::banana::banana::banana:house and can take lots of punishment.

Just a chip, intake, and exhaust will get the Evo IX to ~375whp which is outstanding for an engine that is only a 2.0L 4 cylinder. I'm sure it will easily get into the 12's with that kind of power boost.

Newbie_User
02-14-2006, 11:40 PM
To andrew LB :
Then, it's really a shame that RS4 were not imported......
we had a lot of fun with this car in europe.

Only drawback, the car was weighty...around 1600 Kgs..but it's a station wagon
Took out a Porsche Carrera, should be one of the 996 serie at the time.

Even though, i think it shares the same engine than the S4....Dual Turbos must be different......engine chip also. So a 2.7 V6 dual Turbocharged.

S4 :
Moteur
Type 6 cylindres en V Ã:banana: 90°
Soupapes par cylindre 5
Matériaux (culasse/bloc) Alliage léger
Position Avant, porte Ã:banana: faux
Distribution 2 x 2 ACT (courroie + chaîne)
Alimentation Gestion électronique intégrale Bosch ME 7
Suralimentation 2 turbos, 2 échangeurs air/air
Cylindrée (cm3) 2 671
Alésage x course (mm) 81 x 86,4
Rapport volumétrique 9,3
Régime maxi (tr/min) 7 000
Puissance maxi (ch Ã:banana: tr/min) 265 Ã:banana: 5 800
Couple maxi (mkg Ã:banana: tr/min) 40,8 Ã:banana: 1 850
Puissance spécifique (ch/l) 99,2
Couple spécifique (mkg/l) 15,3

itesse maxi (km/h) 250 (limitée)
De 0 Ã:banana: 100 km/h (s) 6,0
De 0 Ã:banana: 160 km/h (s) 13,3
De 0 Ã:banana: 400 m (s) 14,1
De 100 Ã:banana: 140 km/h en 4e (s) 6,0
De 100 Ã:banana: 140 km/h en 5e (s) 7,5
De 100 Ã:banana: 140 km/h en 6e (s) 19

RS4 :

Puissance (ch Ã:banana: tr/min)
380 ch Ã:banana: 6 500
Puissance au litre (ch)
Couple maxi (mkg Ã:banana: tr/mn)
44 Ã:banana: 2500
Couple au litre (mkg)
Cylindrée (cm3)
Type (cylindres)
V6
Soupapes par cylindre
Arbre Ã:banana: cames
2 doubles
Alimentation/allumage
Bosch Motronic ME 7.1
Suralimentation
2 Turbos KKK K04
Pression maxi (bar)

400m départ arrêté 13.8

1000m départ arrêté 24.6

Vitesse maxi (km/h) 250 (293 non limité)

Accélération de 0 Ã:banana: 100 réels(s) 5.4

Accélération de 0 Ã:banana: 200 réels(s) 18.8

Reprises de 50km/h / 400m (4) 14.5

Reprises de 50km/h / 1000m (4) 25.5

Were the RS2 imported in the US :D ??

when running a comparison whith BMW, i'd say it's not the same kind of pleasure.
Drive an actual M5 or M3 (E46).......i pretty much should guess you'll smile when reaching the edge of those damned BMW engines (same as Honda but twice more torque...only Lexus is barely approching the same engine versatility......)

The only difference between BMW and S and RS series from Audi are the 4WD real Quattro system.
Definitly helpful when it's raining or snowing.........there a BMW or a Porsche would be stuck....not the Cayenne or one of those X5 4.8 liters.....of course.....
But if you want to write 8 or circles on the snow.....

I pretty much should say i'd rather take the BMW (one of the CSL version of the M3 E46..maybe the GTR raod version....) to race....
And the Audi for everyday drive and ofently unauthorized pleasure.....;)

Agree? :)

Andrew LB
02-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Heh... I've seen a B5 RS4 in the United States, but it had european plates and was brought over here by MTM Tuning.. .and had to go back after 3 months or so.

The only RS to ever hit US shores was the RS6 which was recently made. And in a few months, the brand new RS4.

As for track ability, the M3 is a formidable foe for the Audi and its definitely got better balance. The audi is more "driver friendly" and not as brutal in its performance. Its a much more laid back vehicle with softer suspension, and more solid grip.

The BBC show in the UK, Top Gear... did a comparison between the previous generation RS4 and the E46 BMW M3 which was quite good. The RS4 was faster around the track but not as much fun as the M3. The new RS4 will be a monster though. Its going to be a lot less forgiving than previous generations RS4's.

I pretty much should say i'd rather take the BMW (one of the CSL version of the M3 E46..maybe the GTR raod version....) to race....
And the Audi for everyday drive and ofently unauthorized pleasure.....

I agree. The Audi is something that fits me very well since i don't need a 24/7 brutal vehicle, but it still has plenty of power and performance. AWD is a necessity for me since i spend lots of time each winter in the snow and you never need chains with Quattro.

Chances are, i'm going to buy an Evolution (pure track brutality) for a year or two and then move up to the S4.

[XC] leviathan18
02-16-2006, 10:27 PM
yeah but bmw now has the M6 and that is a little beast.....

i wish we could have those nice cars overhere but our market is pretty limited...

we have the subaru wrx cost like 60k $ the honda civic 06 ex coupe is costing me nearly 32k $ but we pay just 2$ for 50 liters of gas xD

Andrew LB
02-17-2006, 12:08 AM
yeah but bmw now has the M6 and that is a little beast.....

Meh.... the M6 while a monster is soooooo much money. And there are plenty of other vehicles i'd buy if I was going to fork over more than $100,000 for a vehicle. The Aston Marton Vantage is one candidate. Another is the Audi LeMans coming out later this year which is powered by a lambo 600hp engine for a low low price of $130k. :)

i wish we could have those nice cars overhere but our market is pretty limited...

we have the subaru wrx cost like 60k $ the honda civic 06 ex coupe is costing me nearly 32k $ but we pay just 2$ for 50 liters of gas xD

WRX is $60k? Woah... zing!

Sorry to hear about that.

Cossey
02-17-2006, 12:11 AM
fast evos are fairly common in the uk because most of the hot derivatives are only available over here (beacuse they are modified post registration by ralliart)
they come in 260,300,320,340,and 400 bhp flavours but the last one was limited and isnt that good beacuse it has just tipped the balance to having more power than the chassis needs. also the 400 needs servicing every 4500 miles.

the mr is a bit lighter but also has the better diffs in in which makes the real difference.

over 500bhp the gearbox becomes a bit strained and ive seen the big power evos regular blow the transmission if they are launched too hard.

MaxxxRacer
02-17-2006, 01:03 AM
I havnt ever driven an M3, but my friend has the latest iteration of the M3, which he tweaked out a bit. Its putting out about 350-360hp and that thing is a monster. the SMG is rough but loads of fun. At 60mph you set the DSG to agressive and floor it. Your head instantly gets smacked against the snug leather seats and within seconds your cruising at 100mph.

suffice to say if I was going to purchase a car in the 60k range, the new m3 (whenever the hell it will be coming out) would be what I would get. I can only hope they manage to get a bit more than 330hp out of it and use the newly redesigned SMG similar to what the M5 and M6 use.

Newbie_User
02-17-2006, 01:44 AM
To andrew LB :

Sub' Impreza WRX is almost 30.000 € in europe...the 2005 models with 2.5 four cylinders engine....

MTM Tuning...i remenber a Bi-motor version of the Audi TT...650 bhp's out of TWO 1.8 Turbo engine (20 valves)....do the math..:)
also, on stage 2, they almost got 1000 hp's and a top speed of more than 370 km/h at Nardo ring.....

We've seen alos RS4 engines in Opel Speedster or Lotus elise....those move.....:slobber:

Refering to what you say, i never went to a track....don't have the car but i do share both knowledge and driving ability.......call me the flying saucer....
I've seen a video with a test track of the Audi RS4 of Beltoise brothers track....under heavy rain.....
they had to pull the hand brake to make a HUDGGGE slide..then the car almost return by herself to its balance......stock tyres..of course....

I think 4WD (execpt the veyron) are not made for raod track...execpt on slippery weather or track conditions.....
Of course, when you loose your grip..it's brutal.......
i guess driving a porsche 911 "996" GT3 RS (with auto-lock differential....;) may allow you to have smoother reactions.....better say transition states....

However, on snow or when raining, you definitly rule the game.....if you know how to drive on snow basics....basically use the gaz pedal as main steering and wheel to do little corrections.....

i pretty much agree with your choice...as the gear chain (including transmission) of the evo VIII is a little more sophisticated than the one of her well known enenmy....Subaru..you name it.....

Just to precise : evo VIII has active aniti-roll mecanism and wheel by wheel acceleration management....hard to translate.....
Definilty the ruler of the game....

even the new Mazda 6 MPS (4 cyl. 2.3 Turbo and "false" 4WD transmision set..)..won't be able to challenge her.....

To leviathan18 :

i guess i'd take both the M6 engine and the audi 4WD chassis of the RS6..and add a set of two turbos mounted "in-line" as the BMW 535d......once the little is out of air the second goes up and blows everything with higher pressure.....a ruler of autobahn........and a versatile car as if road conditions become worse....than sea, sex, and sun....

To cossey :

yes 500 out of a stock gearbox....
Past a 20-30% "overclock" of the car (from stock specs)...
You need to reset everything......
Why bothering with 750 hp's if you can't run 100 miles without changing your oil and getting a tyre change......

Chassis, gearbox, brakes, tyres, bodywork torsion should be strengthened....

To MaxxxRacer :
yop SMG is issued to be brutal.....
But M3 is the ruler.....CSL version....lighter weight...
GTR road version, lighter weight and 380 hp's.....

Weight is the enemy.....

also, althought dynamic air entries or active aerodynamical devices are forbidden in races.....that 'd be my next line of improvements....

Has anyone of you gone into a powerfull car with NOS (N2O) or nitro??
i'd like to hear about your impressions.........PLS!!!!!

:slobber:

[XC] leviathan18
02-17-2006, 06:08 AM
yes ive been in a modified camaro SS with blower adn everything included nos when he hits the NOS is amazing the reaction of the car....

and ive been in a eclipse and the boost isnt that hard but you feel it, it wont make your vision blurr ala nfsu1 2 and mw but it will give you a nice power boost

Kappy
03-13-2006, 09:00 AM
cool movie=)

MaxxxRacer
03-13-2006, 09:52 AM
Newbie, the SMG is brutal, but its a kind of brutal I found VERY enjoyable. and on the lower settings it very mild.

lighter weight.. 380hp... mmmm.. now put a turbo on that inline 6 bad boy. Something with a relativley small rotor so that it doesnt get nasty turbo lag.

Soulburner
03-13-2006, 10:50 AM
The S4 is just a much different car. Its much more luxury and refinement. Its got a 4.2L 340hp V-8 engine, 6 speed tranny, quattro AWD, recaro seats, and probably the most refined interior you'll find under $100k in any car.

http://www.audiusa.com/common/images/2005_int_gallery1_s4sedan_lg.jpg

http://www.audiusa.com/common/images/2005_int_gallery2_s4sedan_lg.jpg
While it is nice indeed, I have sat in an 06 GTO and I have to say, interior wise i'd prefer driving that over the Audi (not to mention the difference in price)...the damn car nearly made me think about trading in the TA. But then I snapped out of it, looked at the exterior and said, hell no ;)