PDA

View Full Version : Give your opinions/suggestion to improve our RMA service

kakaroto
02-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Hello boys and girls,

Please, if you have any opinions and/or suggestion about the RMA service of G.Skill please post and we will act! We will very very appreciate your input.

Regards,

EU and US Tech.

GFDuke
07-11-2006, 06:44 AM
How about a published phone number in the U.S.? Its really lame that people have to communicate by e-mail. I think this is the only company i have ever in my life dealt with that dosnt have a phone number their customers can call. I've been told there is one but you can only get it by private request. ?????? lmao Honestly its poor business.

uOpt
07-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Do not use a Mickeysoft Word document for requesting the RMA, it's unfriendly to your Linux/FreeBSD customers. You could do PDF.

But a true webform would overall be nicer than mailing in documents, and more reliably if you think of spamfilters and the like. Remember the customer will blame you for the lost RMA request no matter who lost the email.

I was satisfied with my recent RMA overall.

thefabe
12-04-2006, 10:51 PM
I would like to recommend advanced shipping using a credit card for security. I would bet that the trouble of having to charge top dollar for ram that was not returned wouldn't be such a bad thing. I know it would create extra work on g-skills end but how much and wouldn't it pay for itself in the long run. Just a thought. Oh and also like above a phone number to tech services would be nice. Possibly in the near future?

Budwise
01-05-2007, 05:24 PM
if you dont already have it, cross shipping for sure. I have had other RMA experiences in the past with other companies and every single one of them offered cross shipping with a credit card number as collateral. Samsung and OCZ both have great cross shipping options and they come in extremely handy.

Battle_Rattle
04-12-2007, 09:11 AM
I'll too put a vote in for cross shipping, I really needed it a few weeks ago

GSKILL TECH
04-12-2007, 09:43 AM
for the advance rma and cross shipping, we just can't do it at this time. however, for US rma, we do cut the rma turnaround time as 3 to 7 business days. i believe that helps a lot.

thank you

NickS
04-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Nothing needs to be improved, G.Skill RMA is AMAZING!

ludeboy12
07-26-2007, 10:08 PM
it would be nice if we didnt need the original packaging.....cant seem to find mine so no rma...oh well.

thefabe
07-26-2007, 10:33 PM
As far as I was told you don't need the original packaging ask the tech to be sure.

kakaroto
07-27-2007, 01:21 AM
If you have the original package, it is handy for us, but if you don't have the original package it's also not a problem.

ludeboy12
07-27-2007, 05:20 AM
Oh on the policy page it states "GS-PO3. Returned goods must be shipped freight prepaid in their original boxes and packing material."

If thats not the case though then thats awesome and will def get the ball rolling here.

thanks guys.

Frostybyte
10-12-2007, 10:22 PM
I didn't need the original packaging for mine. Just sent the bare stick - which is the way it should be imo.

GSKILL TECH
10-15-2007, 09:00 AM
no need for original package

Alien Grey
01-28-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm not so happy with the G.SKILL RMA policy.
I've bought a set of G.SKILL F2-9600CL5D-4GBPI and tested the memory with MemTest86+ V2.11. One of the memory sticks seems to bad and gives errors within seconds in MemTest86+.
How is this possible that I receive a bad stick?
Didn't G.SKILL test this memory if they can work at their rated speed in dual channel mode?
Why do I have to RMA the memory and wait such a long time before I get a set of good memory back?
Why is their no way to just swap a good memory stick for the bad one?

jedihobbit
02-06-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm not so happy with the G.SKILL RMA policy.
I've bought a set of G.SKILL F2-9600CL5D-4GBPI and tested the memory with MemTest86+ V2.11. One of the memory sticks seems to bad and gives errors within seconds in MemTest86+.
1. How is this possible that I receive a bad stick?
2. Didn't G.SKILL test this memory if they can work at their rated speed in dual channel mode?
3. Why do I have to RMA the memory and wait such a long time before I get a set of good memory back?
Why is their no way to just swap a good memory stick for the bad one?

From a users perspective.........

1. It is called life. No matter how strong one's QA is, things will "slip" through (based on over 25 years in the engineering field).

2. A simple YES

3. Matched sets are just that, matched. These have been tested as a pair for performance. What will come back is another Matched set.

Don't know how long it takes for you in the EU for turn around but here in the US is very quick. I live on the East coast (snowing like crazy here in Virginia right now :shocked: ) and they are on the West. On the two occations I've had to return something I've received them back 7 days after I shipped them. To me that is quick! ;)