PDA

View Full Version : how about some xtreme speed?

the
02-12-2006, 02:35 PM
sorry guys this jsut stokes me. close to the speed of light, based on einsteins theory, turned into an exact formula. things like this make me wish we all lived longer.

http://www.physorg.com/news10789.html

freecableguy
02-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Kick ass!

nn_step
02-12-2006, 03:09 PM
not the speed I was looking for but at the same Time "Anti-gravity field generators"? I think that is going to be a very different sort of invention...

the
02-12-2006, 03:16 PM
it should be the sole thing that gets us up to speed in two senses. it will releive us from the massice g forces experinced during accelertaion, and it'll be responsible for propultion. kidna liek hitching a ride on a stars gravity.

STEvil
02-12-2006, 03:18 PM
for some reason this makes me think of fish.

Pinnacle
02-12-2006, 03:21 PM
for some reason this makes me think of fish.

haha :rofl:

nn_step
02-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Actually it makes me think of StarShip Troopers...

the
02-12-2006, 03:39 PM
im kinda hoping for some star wars to get ignited soon cuz of this. maybe some flying robots. we should ahve had flying robots by now.

DeltZ
02-12-2006, 04:37 PM
well...it's a start

more likely than antimatter warp drives at this current time...

warp drives allow speed of light travel by simply warping space to move around you instead of actually propelling yourself through space...so some kinda space compression behind ya and a space folding occuring infront of you...the more energy you put into warping space..the faster you go

however...since ....converting the whole of the earth into energy using antimatter to release all possible energy...you'd only be able to create an event horizon 3 cm big...lol.

nn_step
02-12-2006, 04:40 PM
But since there is a limited supply of energy in the universe.. Why waste it on Worm holes? :rolleyes:

freecableguy
02-12-2006, 04:41 PM
This calls for a sexy party!

nn_step
02-12-2006, 05:09 PM
This calls for a sexy party!
Who needs a call for a sexy party? Heck they should happen right after you snap your fingers :rolleyes:
and if anyone disagrees with you pull out a phaser and vaporize them :rolleyes:
Honestly Woohoo but until they actually build something cool..

situman
02-12-2006, 05:20 PM
As if American's are fat enough. Now the only exercise we get which is walking to the train station/car will be eliminated with this.

krille
02-12-2006, 05:42 PM
sorry guys this jsut stokes me. close to the speed of light, based on einsteins theory, turned into an exact formula. things like this make me wish we all lived longer.

http://www.physorg.com/news10789.htmlActually the faster you go, the slower time passes by. at the speed of light, time would stand still. so even if we only accelerate some, you'd be able to live "longer" (end of 21st century?). This doesn't mean you'll have an older mind in a younger body, time simply passes slower when you're travelling at higher speeds...

the
02-12-2006, 05:44 PM
lol im not sure im gonan use a star light years away to get to a train station. fat n lazy is as fat n lazy does. go run 2 miles it takes 15 mins.

hye krille, you get that form that einstein movie? where the were 2 twins and one traveld aroudn ath e speed of light to to be 16 when the othe rwas 64, but the 64 eyar was more happy for having liveda fulfilling life?

nn_step
02-12-2006, 05:44 PM
basically the person traveling close to the speed of light will see the world around them Speed up as they speed away..

krille
02-12-2006, 06:21 PM
hye krille, you get that form that einstein movie? where the were 2 twins and one traveld aroudn ath e speed of light to to be 16 when the othe rwas 64, but the 64 eyar was more happy for having liveda fulfilling life?Nope. Actually it wasn't originally a movie, it was an example used by Einstein. Not sure about the ages in the example though. I got this from my science teacher (he must be Einstein's twin by looks btw).

STEvil
02-12-2006, 07:07 PM
time doesnt change due to velocity.

nn_step
02-12-2006, 07:13 PM
only relative time changes ;)

Entity_Razer
02-12-2006, 10:29 PM
indeed, time is a constant but the way we experience time , any object for that matter is dependant on how fast we go. The faster we go the slower time would go for us. Same goes for throwing someone in a Black whole. He would not die (yet) but he'd see the universe growing old, dying and the cyclu sbeginning all over again before dying becaue black holes are alleged to have such strong gravitational pull that they also pull in time itsself (slow down light so by light = time kind of equation you get time that slows down for you)

only after millions of human years would he die.

So, who's up for trying that out?
:D

nn_step
02-12-2006, 10:40 PM
I would go if your willing to pay for it.. :p:

$a1Ty
02-12-2006, 10:45 PM
i would that would be awesome lol

Captin Insano
02-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Very cool read. I really like stuff like this being an Amature Rocketeer for some man years now.(i dont mean Model one either I fly stuff that is from 3 ft to 25 ft tall and some weigh in at up to 300lb and travel into mach 2 zones altitudes ranging from 3 to 4k ft to over 100k in altitude) The design of Motors and propulsion is very cool stuff. Will be interesting to see how this stuff pans out.