PDA

View Full Version : febuary directx out

WeStSiDePLaYa
02-11-2006, 10:36 AM
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1321

anybody got more info on it?

cantankerous
02-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Do these new DX9 versions change at all? I have no clue what is different about them as it is still labelled 9.0c and never with any changelog.

Wondering if there is a new release of SP2 out cause if you still SP2 you are going to get the original 'older' dx9c right?

Turok
02-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Do these new DX9 versions change at all? I have no clue what is different about them as it is still labelled 9.0c and never with any changelog.

Wondering if there is a new release of SP2 out cause if you still SP2 you are going to get the original 'older' dx9c right?

When I installed 3DMark06, It said I needed some DirectX 9.0c version of some month, so I installed it.
Those DirectX versions are probably performance enhancements by optimizing the DirectX library, or probably the activation of new features that are part of SM3 but were never activated because it was useless on more primitive hardware at the time.

This is just a guess. I dont really know the difference between these DX patches :p:

cantankerous
02-11-2006, 12:37 PM
thanks for the info. Now that I think about it that may be why I couldn't install NFSMW. It kept telling me to install DX9c which I already had installed. Going to install this Feb. Edition and see if I can then install the game.

Do you just install this version atop the other version that is in your system cause there is no way to remove DX easily from your system.

Anyone have an answer to my question above regarding newer updated versions of SP2 that may contain the latest build of DX9C? I don't want to install the original SP2 that I got up on its release the next time I format and be stuck with older versions that may be needed for newer games.

[XC] Lead Head
02-12-2006, 01:12 PM
I dont know much, but as far as I know, each new realease of DX9.0c just adds a .DLL FOr instance, the DX9.0c December wouldnt install, so i just downloaded the DX9c .DLL and it worked

Cybercat
02-12-2006, 01:25 PM
thanks for the info. Now that I think about it that may be why I couldn't install NFSMW.
While NFSMW does want a specific month, any newer version of DX9c is supposed to be back-compatible. NFSMW has an issue with this. It's fixed by right-clicking the autorun or setup exe file, going into the properties and setting the compatibility to Windows 2000.

cantankerous
02-12-2006, 03:26 PM
ah thanks!

I did try installing NFSMW again on the this new Feb. install of DX9c and it still wouldn't work. I will try your method cybercat, thanks again.

PowerSlide
02-12-2006, 08:14 PM
i would like to know as well..jus download and install it over the existing version?

Captin Insano
02-12-2006, 11:23 PM
From what I heard is that there will be a Service pack 3 at sometime. But no redo of 2..