PDA

View Full Version : Dtek Customs new shroud

Aaron
01-28-2003, 05:25 PM
I just ordered the Pro Combo Radiator, anyway, Dtek has a new shroud thats not yet on their site. They let me order one anyways, should be in later this week. The old one is the galvanized steal model. The new one is injection molded plastic. I'll let you all know what I think of it, as well as post a few pics when it comes in.

For those of you who are not familiar with Dtek

http://www.dtekcustoms.com

Aaron

N8
01-30-2003, 10:48 AM
Very cool, thanks for the info :)

Shame they don't keep up w/ their site. I was looking for these very shrouds before I decided on the gladware ones. Are they the same price? That was another problem I had w/ D-Tek's shrouds...bit pricey :(

Aaron
01-30-2003, 11:14 AM
I was told that this is one of the reasons that the moved to the new shroud, the new ones are going to cost a little less. Hopefully they'll pass those savings onto the consumers. I've been doing temp readings trying to accurately guage my cooling systems performance. I'll have a good understanding of how well the combo performs.

how did you seal the gladware to the rad?

TheReaper
01-31-2003, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the heads-up! Just ordered mine this morning for $16 US. I'll let ya know how it turns out. Saves me from trying to make my own. :D

Aaron
02-04-2003, 10:53 PM
Well here it ishttp://home.woh.rr.com/vaporphase/shroud.jpg

Sorry that was the only pic I could get before my battery died. I like the look of it, it fits nice and snug to the rad. I think it looks a hell of a lot more professional than the old model. As far as performance goes. I realy can't say much, I replaced the rad at the same time. More likely than not the rad would be the major cuase of any improvements. The old system was shrouded too. All in all it was the first time I dealt with D-Tek and I have to say they are some of the coolest guys to deal with. It just seems that are so many good resellers now compared to a year or so ago.