PDA

View Full Version : 7800gt vmod gone wrong. I need help please.

cronic
02-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Ok i was attemping a vgpu vmod on my 3dfusion 7800gt. i attached the leads and all was fine until i realized that i hadn't stripped the other ends of the wire. in the process of stripping the wire i tore the smd off the pcb with the wire. i attached the picture to show the damage. i assume that all i would need is another smd attached to the pcb. the old one was reduced to half its size by the soldering iron. i cannot do vmods and should not have attempted it. who can i send this to to fix and do the mods for me. I am hopeful that viper john will see this and respond. please i need help and will greatly compensate someone for there help. if someone can fix this one i have an evga that i would like to have vmodded as well. please help

cronic
02-09-2006, 06:37 PM
here is a pic of a good 7800gt. anyone know what the value of the smr that is outlined in red?

Micutzu
02-10-2006, 10:17 PM
That is a ceramic capacitor, the card could work even without it (more or less stable). I could help you but i'm not from US.

cronic
02-14-2006, 08:41 PM
sold that one for parts and got another one and the volt mod was successful on it. mod can delate this thread thanks