PDA

View Full Version : Prometeia, 8RDA+, Water-cooling... help!

Svenn
01-28-2003, 09:04 AM
Okay, my Prometeia is on the way. I've got a problem though. I put a danger den chipset block on my northbridge. This seems awfully close to the cpu socket. Is my Prom and DD Block gonna fit on at the same time?! I printed out the Prom template to measure and it was close... REAL close. I'd have to actually have the Prom to see how it fits. Anyone had any experience with an 8RDA+ and a Prom? I really don't want to take the DD block off... I spent days and days to get that water setup just right...

Svenn
01-28-2003, 10:58 AM
I'm getting ancy waiting for my Prom... I hope to have my hard drive performance issues worked out by the time it arrives so I can mod it onto my case and overclock away. I just want 20k!

mike.elmes
01-28-2003, 11:29 AM
Svenn, the coolinghead from the prom measures 2 7/8" wide by 3 1/4" deep (top to bottom) While in position on the mobo.

Svenn
01-28-2003, 12:52 PM
I'll try and check when I get home. Like I said, I printed out the template they have on the chip-con website, and it was a tight fit. I might have to squeeze them in together. I really hope they fit...