PDA

View Full Version : Recording problems

ILLaViTaR
02-05-2006, 02:08 AM
I used to record my guitar with audacity all the time fine but after acertain format it wont record properly.

I record a track and then I usually record another to chuck lead guitar over the top of what I recorded but when i hit record it records the 1st track again, like duplicates it for some reason and u cant hear the lead at all as though it was never recorded, it never used to do this.

Also It stops duplicating the previous track when I mute Wave but if I mute wave everything mutes and I cant record my instrument at all.

Whats going on?

ILLaViTaR
02-05-2006, 10:10 PM
welll????????????????????????

ILLaViTaR
02-07-2006, 01:42 AM
double well????????????

I need this fixed

ILLaViTaR
02-08-2006, 03:21 AM
bump

nn_step
02-08-2006, 09:49 PM
you need to record them seperately and merge them

ILLaViTaR
02-09-2006, 04:23 AM
yeh in audacity you can record multiple tracks but you do it in the same window otherwise you cant hear the riff you play over so the timing wont be right.

It always worked but doesnt anymore

nn_step
02-09-2006, 09:35 AM
So it doesn't work anymore.. just record them seperately and merge them.. it is the easy answer...

JeffTracy
03-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Ahhh, the joys of the Windows Registry ... something we Mac people don't have to worry about, thankfully :D

First, get yourself a good Registry cleaner, such as JV16 Power Tools.

Second, uninstall ALL of your Audacity & sound software. Restart. Manually go through your boot drive and remove any detritus left behind by the un-installs. You'll need to check several places, Documents & Settings, Program Files, etc. Make sure you have 'show hidden files' enabled or you'll miss stuff. Empty the Trash -- sorry, Recycle Bin.

NOW you can run the Registry cleaner app. Let it fix or remove what it can.

Restart, then re-install your Creative / audacity software, and see if the problem persists (which if the above was done correctly, it shouldn't).

FAB