PDA

View Full Version : Cant Jumpstart Watercooler..

Romain
01-31-2006, 11:18 PM
I just got done filling my Koolance Exos 2 WC with coolant all of the tubes are filled same with the res. No sir bubbles and im trying to jump start the whole thing like it says to leak test for a little. I placed the wire into the right spots on the ATA connector of my PSU (Hiper R 580W SLI) to jump start it and nothing happens..anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

Q-Ball
01-31-2006, 11:24 PM
you should be able just to prime the pump yourself, and let the pc do the work. I have never jumped the pins on my power supply.

mindwreck
01-31-2006, 11:32 PM
well when your leak testing. jumping the pins on the powersupply allows you to turn it on without having it attached to a computer.

Is the fan on the powersupply spining at least? or are you getting absolutely nothing

Coroner Kyle
01-31-2006, 11:35 PM
Is this what you're doing? Take a paperclip and jump a black wire and the green wire on the MB power plug.

Scroatdog
01-31-2006, 11:39 PM
Is this what you're doing? Take a paperclip and jump a black wire and the green wire on the MB power plug.

Yup.:)

Romain
02-01-2006, 12:01 AM

No im using the green and black jumper wire that they gave me in the kit. I plug in the PSU and i know it has power the switch light is on, insert the wires and nothing happens. No clicks or sounds or anything. Total silence. I hooked up the PWR Switch and etc for it to my MOBO and everything. Should i just hook everything up and on first bootup see if it runs?

Coroner Kyle
02-01-2006, 12:16 AM
I don't know what kind of jumper wire they gave you but it is not turning on the PSU. Try taking a paper clip or a piece of wire and connecting one of the black wires and the green wire to each other on the main power plug to the MB. This should "jump start" your PSU and then plug in your water pump which I assume is 12V to one of the PSU's molex connectors.

I would NOT hook everything up and turn it on unless you've done a 24 hour leak test. Have you used this PSU before?

Romain
02-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Alright, i was jumping the wrong pins. I was referring directly to the picture in the book they gave me and it was wrong. I was jumping the 4th and 6th and when i tried the 14th and 16th it worked. Now i got a kink that i need to compress to fix. Anyone know anything i can wrap around the tube to unkink it?

Coroner Kyle
02-01-2006, 02:32 PM
This stuff (http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Coolsleeves500&Category_Code=TAF) helps prevent kinks.

Romain
02-01-2006, 02:50 PM
This stuff (http://www.cooltechnica.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Coolsleeves500&Category_Code=TAF) helps prevent kinks.

I just used a plastic wire tie wrap and stuck it on the top of my radiator that i slipped the tube through and it unkinked itself. The plastic clamp idea worked too but not as good