PDA

View Full Version : Backup - Restore RAID 0????

CODE 4
01-29-2006, 01:03 PM
I am looking for a clue on how I would move my existing RAID 0 with 2 Maxtor SATA's array on my ASUS A8N32 . I just purchased 2 raptors and I want to know if there is anyway to rebuild the partitions from the maxtor drives (4 partitions including OS) to the new Raptors without loosing the OS and files? Is there any program that will mirror my partitions to new ones and allow it to be bootable?

I have been looking around and have not found a definitive answer. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks in advance:D

t024484
01-29-2006, 01:27 PM
I am looking for a clue on how I would move my existing RAID 0 with 2 Maxtor SATA's array on my ASUS A8N32 . I just purchased 2 raptors and I want to know if there is anyway to rebuild the partitions from the maxtor drives (4 partitions including OS) to the new Raptors without loosing the OS and files? Is there any program that will mirror my partitions to new ones and allow it to be bootable?

I have been looking around and have not found a definitive answer. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks in advance:D

You can try the following.
Add a Large PATA HD to you existing system and use Norton Ghost.
Select the function "Ghost Advanced" and "Clone" to clone your four partitions to four partitions on your PATA.
Make a bootable floppy with Norton Ghost.
Remove your Maxtors and install the Raptors.
Now install Windows on your Raptors and make them bootable with F6.
After windows has been installed, create your 4 partitions.
Now switch down the system.
Turn on the system and boot from the floppy. Tell Norton to clone the partitions back.

If this does nor work, bad luck, but everything is still there on your Maxtors.
It worked for me also using Raptors.

I use the Pata for making a clone every week. This is my back-up.
Has saved me hundred of hours in restoring.

thegoatman
01-29-2006, 01:27 PM
I' not 100% sure if this will work, but look for a program that clones harddrives, and use it to clone drive 1 to one raptor, and drive 2 to the other raptor, then RAID them in the same order.

nn_step
01-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Well assuming you are using a nVidia Chipset and you are using the nVidia SATA connections.. it should just be a direct unplug, move and replug

CODE 4
01-29-2006, 03:07 PM

I am going to give it all a try. I would love to get away without having to reset up all my shizznit :toast: