PDA

View Full Version : need some help with final vmod

SektorX
01-26-2003, 06:38 AM
I have been vmodding my rig in any way I needed it the last few months, and I'm allmost where I want it to be. This crappy rig wasn't worth anything now it's beginning to be somewhat benchworthy :D

all I need now is to get my vdimm up (that will be the 7th vmod in my rig :D) but I can't figure this one out. I mesured the volts on the condens. next to the ramslot and it said 2.48V !!!! I can't change it in the bios (big chock :D ) so I tried altering it the hard way. I found only one possible voltcontroller for the mem, located underneath the slots. I tryed changing the feedback pins on that chippie but no voltages were changed (on anything on the board) the only thing noticable was that when I went for a too low of a resistorvalue, the pc wouldn't post. so I'm pretty stuck.
Does anybody have a clue on how I could find some way to change that voltage, or find out where to do it (either way would be great).

Holst
01-26-2003, 07:27 AM
What board is this.

If you post some pics, and tell us what chips are on the board we migt be able t help you botch something together.

SektorX
01-26-2003, 07:37 AM
well, the problem is, it's some weird msi wannabe mobo :rolleyes:

it goes by the name ms-6513. by the looks of it, I only found 2 chips on the board that can control voltages. the first one is one called L6917B. It controlles cpu and chipset voltages. That one is modded like it should be :D

The other chip I found has no markings on them. it's a 8 legged chip located underneath the ramslots and just above the southbridge. I found 2 pins that have a resistance value between them and the ground. I figured that this has to be the vmem controller or something since there are NO other chips anywhere near the mem, or any possible chips anywhere for that matter.
I grounded those pins with a pot but all I found was that if I go to low with my pot, it doesn't post. every single volt in the rig stays exactly the same, so I can't do anything there.

TheDude
01-26-2003, 07:58 AM
I don't know the mod on this board, but if it's any help to you, this is an MSI produced board that was made for a company called Medion. Should have a label somewhere that says Medion 3500.

SektorX
01-26-2003, 08:40 AM
Thx dude. i already had that info though. got this board for about 7 months now, only started messing around with it last month.
I got lots of tech info on it, even tryed making a modded bios :D for clocksettings (that project failed somewhat hehe)

anyway thx for the help, I'll be looking around it somewhat more. maybe even try something rediculously stupid like manually controlling vdimm :D but before I do stuff like that, I'll make sure there's no other "decent" way to mod it :D

I would really like that mod nr8 in my rig, and It'll die before I give up :cool: