PDA

View Full Version : DFI ALC859 Audio problem

turok_t
01-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Hey guys,

I am proud that I finally ditched my MSI Neo 2 platinum mobo and got a LP UT SLI-DR.. I just have a quick question that i wanted to ask you guys since Im having a bit of problems and im not familiar with the board.

So the board claims that it uses the ALC850 chip that has 8 audio channels. Currently, Im using the Creative 7.1 T7700 and I have 3 speakers at the front, 2 on the side, 2 at the back and the subwoofer. I plugged the green, orange, and black wires into the corresponding colours of the onboard sound. I used the "Sound manager" program and NVMixer and i cant get my 2 side speakers to output sound. And yes, I changed to "7.1 Speakers" in the Audio properties in the control panel. The only way I can get it to output sound is if i push the switch to "5.1-->7.1 Upmix" which is located at the back of the subwoofer. If i do this, the sound that comes out of these side speakers are the same as the sound coming from the rear speakers. But I want DISTINCT sounds coming from the side compared to the rear speakers. Help?

Thanks for all your help guys. I appreciate it alot. I hope i have more luck with this mobo than the msi neo 2 platinum.

Heretic
01-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Wouldn't the sound coming out of the speakers be determined by the source? If you have a DVD with 5.1 audio, the sound would have to duplicated on 2 of the channels to get 7.1. I could be totally off base, but that's what makes sense to me :/

turok_t
01-22-2006, 07:06 PM
I know what u mean. When i go through the speaker calibration/detection using NVmixer or using Sound Manager from realtek, they never output any sound from the side speakers... im not sure why.. even when its trying to send signals to it i dont hear nething.