PDA

View Full Version : Cascade controller anyone?

GrossmeisterB
01-20-2006, 03:25 AM
Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone over here has allready built up a cascade controller with temp reading and display and stuff?!?!

If not, I might be the first one to do so, a friend here in germany asked me if this would be possible.

I just finished up building a controller for my single stage cooler that friend built for me.

I will post pics and maybe some videos later (need to find that USB cable first...*lol*)

So, maybe you cascade guys can help me out a bit, with what things you'd like to have in that controller...the friend asked for some pressure dependet PC turn on, but I couldn't find any pressure measuring device suitable for this...

Any more things you'd like to see in such a controller? I might be selling them later, that's why I'm asking...

Tyrou
01-20-2006, 03:32 AM
I'd like to see :
- auto start of the low stages compressors depending on HX's temperatures
- safety cut off, also on HX's temps
- ability to use K-Type probes
- fan control
- maybe a LCD, but that's not a must have

GrossmeisterB
01-20-2006, 03:40 AM
What do you mean with "fan control"?

Would you like to start/stop those large 110/220V fans by just pressing a button?!! Or do you want to control the fan speed of some "normal" 12V fans?!?!
I was thinking about that, too, but my first thoughts were: why spent so much time on things other people allready made?!?! hehe..I'm talking about fan controllers and stuff, which are very cheap allready...but maybe I could do some temperatur related control?!!? Let's see... ;-)

An LCD is no problem at all...they cost like 15euros with blue background and white characters... ;-)

I will have to check for the K-Type probes, but maybe I will just make two connectors, one for "normal" temp-sensor, one for K-Type probe...hehe

SoddemFX
01-20-2006, 04:26 AM
What are you using to control and drive this, uC, uP, ASIC?

If you want to control AC fan speed you need to create a VFD, and if you do that there is a lot more than fan control you can do with it :D

Tom

Ssilencer
01-20-2006, 07:21 AM
We have a cascade controller almost ready, with 8 K type probes and 2 or 4 another probes, fan controll and even heaters controll.

GrossmeisterB
01-20-2006, 09:44 AM
We have a cascade controller almost ready, with 8 K type probes and 2 or 4 another probes, fan controll and even heaters controll.
Sounds nice!! I think I'll have a lot of work to do...hehe...my current controller is for a single-stage only, it would be easy to mod it to run a cascade, but I wanted to add a lot more features... ;-)
Maybe we can PM a bit and "share" our knowledge if you like... :)

I think I won't be able to really sell them, maybe some few for some friends, but I don't have the equipment to do more than like 10 of them..hehe...