PDA

View Full Version : DFI ultra-d is playing "post with no video" after ram issues

afireinside
01-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Last night I decided to shut down then install win xp x64. Hasn't booted since. I'm running an SLI modded AB0 ultra-d but my AD0 has this issue when running high vdimm ram as well. My redlines run flawless until they decide to stop posting then I have to wait and hope they work again. At this point I have one stick posting but no video. It does this with BH5 and some value ram as well. The value ram did work once, though. My usual replug power connectors fix isn't working nor is resetting CMOS. I'm running 5v jumper, active cooling, and an enermax liberty 500 with a single 7800GT.

s7e9h3n
01-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Last night I decided to shut down then install win xp x64. Hasn't booted since. I'm running an SLI modded AB0 ultra-d but my AD0 has this issue when running high vdimm ram as well. My redlines run flawless until they decide to stop posting then I have to wait and hope they work again. At this point I have one stick posting but no video. It does this with BH5 and some value ram as well. The value ram did work once, though. My usual replug power connectors fix isn't working nor is resetting CMOS. I'm running 5v jumper, active cooling, and an enermax liberty 500 with a single 7800GT.
All the more reason why I recommend EVERYBODY with a DFI board pick up a Soyo Tech-Aid type card which tells you the post codes and exactly what the problem is.......but getting back on topic...what memory slot do you have the single stick in? If you haven't already, try using the orange slot furthest away from the cpu to boot......

afireinside
01-19-2006, 03:10 PM
that's what I'm using. I have my BH5 in there now and it posts 100% of the time but no video, stays at one LED. Neither of my GT's or my x800pro in either slot with any jumper combination works. I'm about to light this board up (acetone + torch + hammer + video = fun) and throw my daily AD0 board down on the test bed.

s7e9h3n
01-19-2006, 03:27 PM
that's what I'm using. I have my BH5 in there now and it posts 100% of the time but no video, stays at one LED. Neither of my GT's or my x800pro in either slot with any jumper combination works. I'm about to light this board up (acetone + torch + hammer + video = fun) and throw my daily AD0 board down on the test bed.
Well before you do, test your HW on the other board....It would suck to find out after you have your bonfire that the problem was something like a bad vga cable....:p:

afireinside
01-19-2006, 03:48 PM
nevermind cards work

afireinside
01-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Well cards black screened twice loading back up on the daily rig then worked. Weird... No idea what the problem was on bench rig, I have to do school stuff now though.