PDA

View Full Version : Ti4400 Vmod Success

Nomad
01-24-2003, 06:27 PM
Well, half of my project is now complete. A successful Vgpu mod has been done.

Big sigh of relief escapes Nomad's lips. Glad thats over. Now to the Vmem mod and even more sweating.

I havent done any real 3D testing yet, although I did run the first 4 tests on 3DMark, and got quite a significant Core boost. Before the mod, I could only get 330mhz stable, Now I am getting 345!!! Not to dang bad if I do say so my self. I am hoping that I can get 700mhz out of the mem after the mod. I am getting 687 now for stable 3D runs.

Cheers,
Nomad

Big thanks to OPP and DDTUNG for their advice on this. Without them, a poor college student may be without his Ti card after the mod attempt.

<---Does sign of cross and says 5 Hail Marys as he heads off to do the vmem mod and test his manhood. :rolleyes:

KingInge2000
01-24-2003, 10:53 PM
Tell me s. th. about the mem mod.

Nomad
01-24-2003, 11:25 PM
I know this will make me look like the big n00b, but what do you mean by " s. th. " :stick:

Well, not as good a luck on the vmem mod. I am getting tons of artefacts at a lower speed than the original o/c using Riva.

I am thinking that either I did not do a good job soldering, or that the resistor wasnt a good choice. I am moving to vrs tomorrow on try #2. I am going to try the same mod done by MrIcee using the fan wires and plugs that allow you to remove the vr's. I have to say, that is one slick mod MrIcee.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/mricee/SILURO%20Ti4200%20OTES/Ti4200voltmods.htm

Good luck to me.

KingInge2000
01-25-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Nomad
I know this will make me look like the big n00b, but what do you mean by " s. th. " :stick:

Well, not as good a luck on the vmem mod. I am getting tons of artefacts at a lower speed than the original o/c using Riva.

I am thinking that either I did not do a good job soldering, or that the resistor wasnt a good choice. I am moving to vrs tomorrow on try #2. I am going to try the same mod done by MrIcee using the fan wires and plugs that allow you to remove the vr's. I have to say, that is one slick mod MrIcee.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/mricee/SILURO%20Ti4200%20OTES/Ti4200voltmods.htm

Good luck to me.
s. th. = something!!!:D

Nomad
01-25-2003, 08:11 PM
LOL...d'oh. Well, I got some real good advice from OPP and MrIcee concerning how to handle my mod, and will go from there.

I think between their advice, and the VMOD Guide that MrIcee did on the Ti4200, I will be fine.

I am happy with the results of the vgpu, although I will be changing it so that I can control the volts so that I do not have anything more than the spec volts when not benching or gaming.

Cheers,
Nomad

I will be finishing this up tomorrow I hope, after another trip to Radio Shack for a few things.

Oh Yes...why oh why didnt someone tell me that soldering was more difficult than it looks...lol :brick:

sysfailur
02-02-2003, 04:04 AM

Oh Yes...why oh why didnt someone tell me that soldering was more difficult than it looks...lol :brick:

Practice makes perfect. I'm getting VERY good at soldering and I've only been doing it for like 4 months now on and off.

Nomad
02-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Well, from that last pic you put up of your latest mod...your skills are pretty damn solid man. Tell me something, are you using solid wire for your mods versus stranded?

sysfailur
02-03-2003, 07:45 PM
Well, from that last pic you put up of your latest mod...your skills are pretty damn solid man. Tell me something, are you using solid wire for your mods versus stranded?

Heh thanks. I use solid wire... 22 gauge.... Only reason I'm using such "thick" stuff is because I can't get less than 22 locally. Really 22 does the job fine, it's just rigid. Not a prob.