PDA

View Full Version : BitTornado

manomanx2
01-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Ahhhh goddamnit. I have been having the stupidest problems using Bittornado lately. They're not the usual problems though. I understand how to set up static IP's and forward the ports for the program, and I've been getting some decent speeds. What really has been pissing me off is that BT is freezing up at random times. It's usually after the program has been running for 10 minutes and before 30. It simply freezes and stop downloading anything.

For example: I'm downloading a long anime, and the program has been running for about 10 minutes, at around 80 k/bs. Suddenly, without warning, the download would stop. The timer would stay stuck at whatever time it stopped at, and the download and upload rates would freeze too.

This problem is really keeping me from downloading large files because I can't turn it on and leave the house. I have to be watching it constantly and open and close the program every 10 minutes. I have tried using Azureus but the Java downloading thing has really turned me off, and the interface is complicated and slow. Have heard that uTorrent is good too, but would like to try sticking with Tornado and fixing the problem before moving on.

Can anyone help?

P.S. Holy crap, it froze again. Help!

WeStSiDePLaYa
01-16-2006, 04:10 PM
use different client?? lol.

i like shareaza, because if the tracker goes down you can find the file with gnuttella 1/2 and edonkey.

all legal downloads though, not sure about the others.........:fact:

manomanx2
01-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Yep, I mainly download unlicensed anime, which is perfectly legal. ;)

And the problem is still here. Joy. Anyone?

STEvil
01-16-2006, 05:12 PM
i'm using bit torrent 435. works flawlessly so far.

manomanx2
01-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Alright, so far I've tried Azureus, uTorrent, and Bittorent as alternatives, and they're all way slower than Tornado. Do I sacrifice good speeds for reliable downloading? Daaamn it!