PDA

View Full Version : Compressor condensation...?!?

TodB
01-24-2003, 08:10 AM
Now it's getting worse...... today I saw that the compressor is leaking from one side ( near the cooling line )...... but as I'm looking it right now I can't really see where the leaking point could be....

Can It be a severe condensation somewhere or the compressor is trully leaking?

This is getting really worse right now....

EDIT: It's a condensation..... but why?!?

It's occuring near the compresior exit for the condenser..... is that normal? the area there is getting very cold and the condensation is there.

Any help?!?

bowman1964
01-24-2003, 08:33 AM
i just ansered your question in the other post you left check it out.
double postiing is good ...but i did anser you .
here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=95616#post95616)

TodB
01-24-2003, 12:04 PM
OK man, it's not a doublepost :)

I'm an Administrator myself of a Forum and know how to make new topics and what to ask....

The problem is that the compresor itself is getting really cold and is starting a condensation.... if you're looking it from the condensers side it's on the lower left side - first it's getting very cold, then it's starting to make a moisture and then I can feel ICE!

Now the copressor itself is very cold by default ( at least that here ), but the condensation is another thing.... I don't think it's normal.... :(

I did insulate the cooling line and it seems to be OK now, but the condensation is not getting from there...... the compressor itself is starting the condensation... :(

EDIT - I'm really stupid :stick:

I didn't read the other thread, thanxs man, It seems logic to me right now :toast:

Cheers once again :toast:

bowman1964
01-24-2003, 02:27 PM
well if i paid more attention i would have seen this post sooner.
sorry man.:eek:
i saw the other post first and i know... i am a mod in another site too.so again sorry.
hope i helped with you with the problem .

TodB
01-27-2003, 11:59 AM
Well I rip off the old compressor insulation and put on eh new one - it's looking really good right now.... :D

And about the condensation - yep, it's starting to occur around the input line, where the line for the condenser is starting - that again without a CPU to boil off the refrigerant. I'm going to try it tomorrow with one 1.8A P4, that does 3G/1.55V on air ;)

SysfalrIsARetar
01-27-2003, 02:49 PM
Yo.. the compressor gets really cold? frost on the compressor? on the suction line.. down the side of the compressor is their frost? If you are getting frost on the discharge line.. that's BAD.. means that system is WAY over-charged and you are going to FUBAR that compressor.. I'm really surprised you haven't already.. It's over-charged so you are putting liquid back into the compressor and as anyone with a shred of common sense knows that a liquid is the most compressed form of a substance.. so the compressor is trying to compress a liquid.. that's impossible.

TodB
01-27-2003, 03:58 PM
Yep, we figured it out that with NO load on the cooling head the cold vapor is getting back cold to the compressor.... that's why the compressor is getting really cold....

If tomorrow with a CPU attached there's still condensation I'll start to worry.... ;)

SysfalrIsARetar
01-27-2003, 04:28 PM
Rofl buddy.. that system is so §§§§ing over charged I guarantee you there will be.. with no load you should get frost up to about an inch or 2 from the compressor.. that's pretty safe.. seeing as u won't have the phase change on with out the PC following suit.

dmitriyaz
01-27-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by SysfalrIsARetar
Rofl buddy.. that system is so §§§§ing over charged I guarantee you there will be.. with no load you should get frost up to about an inch or 2 from the compressor.. that's pretty safe.. seeing as u won't have the phase change on with out the PC following suit.
Punisher, is that you? :rolleyes:

:hehe:

sysfailur
01-28-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by dmitriyaz
Punisher, is that you? :rolleyes:

:hehe:

HE LOVES ME THIS _________________________ MUCH!!!!!!

bowman1964
01-28-2003, 04:53 AM
damm we always have to get some smart ssss to turn a good question into a flame session..:slobber:

well let me clarify something.since i am one off a few who has done this......
i have tested many didfferant configuations of refridgerant charges for my computers.and if you know what you are doing you can charge the system to a perfect charge for a certain heat load or should i say cpu wattage or size.if you do this you will get frosting off the return line where you are using a short return line like the factory pre fab units.even one of mine at 6 ft long suction line will frost up to the compressor with no cpu running .
it will only take 50 watts of heat and the frost will dissapper.

even My last creation running chiller tanks and direct evaperation cpu blocks will frost the line to the comperssor.even thou i have close to 12 to 14 ft of return piping before it reaches the compressor.this is because of my charge is so close.as soon as i put i load on it i have no frost.even just placing coolant in the tank will stop the frost.
this pre fab units are originaly charged with a pre set weight of refridgerant.and sometimes the unit well be on the top side of a charge.but yours hasent failed yet ( i am guessing it is not brand new)it will not .as soon as you cpu is attached it will boil off the charge.
just let me know and i will be glad to help:D

TodB
01-28-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by bowman1964
this pre fab units are originaly charged with a pre set weight of refridgerant.and sometimes the unit well be on the top side of a charge.but yours hasent failed yet ( i am guessing it is not brand new)it will not .as soon as you cpu is attached it will boil off the charge.
just let me know and i will be glad to help:D

Now I got another problem - the test board, EPoX 4G4A+ is making fun of me and not want to even boot - I've tried everything but all I get is a siren-like sound and nothing.... this without the Vapo, even without a memory and/or Video card.... I'll be getting another board in few hours... damn :rolleyes:

TodB
01-29-2003, 09:03 AM
OK now...... I got it runnin' with one EPoX 4GEAE board, runnin one 1.8A@3208MHz/1.71V.......... BUT the compressor is really cold even under load..... and the condensation is there as well.....

What should I do - it seems that the compressor is overcharged - what to do? :rolleyes:

bowman1964
01-30-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by TodB
OK now...... I got it runnin' with one EPoX 4GEAE board, runnin one 1.8A@3208MHz/1.71V.......... BUT the compressor is really cold even under load..... and the condensation is there as well.....

What should I do - it seems that the compressor is overcharged - what to do? :rolleyes:
well you have a couple of choices.

first does the cmpressor make any clicking or knocking sounds while it it running?

if no well ..your compressor may be cold but it's not compressing liquid and it wont get hurt.

but to stop the condsation you have a couple of options.

more insulation may do it......

the next thing ...since you dont have access to refridgeration equipment....
would be you need to warm up the point where the line goes into the compressor.this can be done with a simple water pipe frost kit from a home repair store like ..lowes...home depot and the like.the kit consists of a electrical wire that wraps around water pipes and plugs into a std 110 volt wall plug.this heats up the pipe slightlty enought to stop freeze ups and condensation.it usally is very cheap.

last is the proffesional way of purchacing a shareder vavle line piecing kit.this small kit can be purchaced from any refridgeration store and clamps around the small copper pipe.once it is clamped around a small needle pierces the tubbing and will alow you to remove a small amount of refridgerant out slowly and then you can close it back off for good.but if you are not carefull you will let too much out and with out knowing how to charge it you will lose all you cooling power.:rolleyes:

TodB
01-30-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by bowman1964
well you have a couple of choices.

first does the cmpressor make any clicking or knocking sounds while it it running?

if no well ..your compressor may be cold but it's not compressing liquid and it wont get hurt.

but to stop the condsation you have a couple of options.

more insulation may do it......

Well the compressor is runnin silent and neither clicking nor knocking or something like that... just runnin silent :)

The support guys @Vapochill Forum said that If I fix the condesation ( so there's no condensation ) I can run it like that....

So it seems that everything is cool ( the compressor also :D ) Thanxs for everything m8 :toast: