PDA

View Full Version : A8R-MVP: Not same as reviewed?

superkdogg
01-16-2006, 09:22 AM
I ordered the board mentioned in title due to its outstanding OC potential and now I have done more research on forums to find out that Asus has limited the vCore to .1 over cpu vid!

HOLY CASTRATION!

But, not being one to give up, I'm wondering if anybody here (if anybody in the world has this knowledge, it's here:D ) knows of a modded bios or how to do a vCore mod on this motherboard.

I saw a post that Prometheus had emailed the good bioses to Big Toe-either of you guys willing to share?

The real b!tch is that my system won't even be affected by the stupid power limitations as I'm not running xfire or dual-core. I just wanted a board that will hit 325 for my Winchester.

Lame-o, but I'll figure out something. Please give me a helping hand on this one, guys- I need a modded A8R-MVP bios (or the pre-release) or instructions on a vCore mod. I only need to get to 1.55-1.60 or so, but evidently that's not possible anymore. Help?

**Since my post was moved, this part does not really apply, but I'll leave it in here:

--btw, posted this here since modded bios/vCore mods are pretty extreme and those of you who could help me out are more likely to be here than in the AMD forums. Plus if I get ahold of this bios, I'm thinking 3.0 Winchester on air is likely. It needs a great high HTT board since I'm stuck with 9x multi. I might be able to do it without the bios, if the board is just as good as the one reviewed by the hardware sites. This CPU made 2.7 on stock vCore with the A8V (weird-I know but I can prove it), but did not do as well with the Neo2.

csimon
01-16-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm with you kdogg a modded bios would be nice. I bet I could get together at least 10 others that could/would use it ...if they still have these mobos.

superkdogg
01-16-2006, 12:09 PM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=83144&page=3&highlight=a8r

(I have no idea how I missed that thread prior to posting....)

That thread has the answers to both of my questions. -Somebody is hosting the bios from the review, and there's a pic of the vMod. Although it does appear that Asus and/or AT are more responsible for the incredible review than crummy bios.

Did anybody else notice that the 325x9 cited in the review shows 1.3 vCore on the CPUz shot? Hell, if this board helps you get that high with stock voltage, then who needs more than 1.52~:rolleyes: !

I guess I'll wait until the rest of my stuff shows up and see what happens.

Somebody in the thread also stated that bios and speedfan were showing a vCore of 1.72(?) and that CPUZ was showing 1.45. I think it's highly unlikely that that's both true and accurate, but if it is, maybe it's a CPUz problem and the board is fine.

LowRun
01-16-2006, 01:12 PM
To put it simple, not even one end customer ever came near what AT review pretends the board is able to do :fact:
If you just plan on getting a trouble free CF board at a reasonable price, then it should be considered but if you plan on getting the last drop out of your CPU and RAM... Run away.