PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice on peltier cooling with water.

KingInge2000
01-24-2003, 04:45 AM
Are there any guides? I'd like 2 try it on CPU and GPU. How many watt do i need for them? The result should be around 20-25 ° temp on both, so that i haven't 2 look after condemsed water.
Can I use an old AT PS?

Bond_
01-28-2003, 08:47 PM
Since you don't want a xtreme pelteir cooling i'd go for 2 66 or 72watt peltiers, but first off you need to figure out how many watts of heat your processor produces, to find out what your processor produces take a look at "AMD Thermal, Mechanical, and Chassis Cooling Design Guide".
Probably even with just a 66watt pletier you will get a bit lower temps then 20-25º.
The major problem of using an old AT ps, has a power source for the pelter is the that most of the at psu won’t supply the required 14 amps at 12volts, but if you get one that supplies 14-15amps@12v...great it can work has a peltier psu!!
About condensation even using a 66watt peltier, probably you'll get a little of condensation, to get rid off it, just take a look at the guide below...It's easy!
2 more important things, don't forget to get 2 cold plates, and
you'll need a powerfull heat sink, or watercooling system, since just a single peltier will produce 66watt of heat, plus the cpu, for a grand total of "MANY" watts of heat!!!
More info about peltiers here,
http://www.gideontech.com/guides/peltier/