PDA

View Full Version : God of suspensions

the
01-15-2006, 04:56 AM
How would you like a suspension for you pimped ride that, when you going over bumps, you hardly feel it, yet when you turn your has 0 body roll? Well we finally see that, from...BOSE?

Seems bose as taken the same driver technology we liek them for to make an actvice suspension that *works* anyhoo, the closest i come to cars anymore is the pirated top gear and 5th episodes i can get my hands on, so yall tell me what your take is on all this.

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/0410_bose/

wdrzal
01-16-2006, 12:59 AM
I seen that years ago.......... like in the 90's ????????? IIRC

Cossey
01-16-2006, 04:05 AM
active suspension has benn around since the 80s in motorsport and since the late 90s on road cars. one of the best systems is the mercedes active body control system on the s and cl class. great idea but insanely expensive to fix when it goes wrong.

Soulburner
01-16-2006, 08:24 AM
That really is a good idea. What would also be great is if someone invented magnetic powered brakes. Greatly increase stopping power and eliminate all friction - no more pads to change.

the
01-16-2006, 08:41 AM
the vids and demo's i;ve seen from the mecedes system dont hold a candle to the vids and demos of this system. besdies in that you got luxury then sport. you dont get hte best of both worlds, this one looks like it'll promise all the performance and luxury in one fell swoop.