PDA

View Full Version : Chaintech 7NJS Worth Getting??

EV_6
01-23-2003, 03:47 PM
I'm about to put this KT7A to rest and i'm looking for something to replace it. It seems that the nForce2 is the hot item at the moment. So after looking at a number of reviews i've (kind of) decided on the 7NJS....But! this is what i'm trying to do. I hope to slap my 1600+ in it and crank the FSB upto 200 I know this may not pan out but you have to try! :rocker:. So is the 7NJS up for the task?. it seems to have the voltage's for it but is there anything that i should know?. I've been lurking here for a while and have seen all the great things done with other nF2's but i never see anyone OC'in the 7NJS? Thanx.

Greyfire
01-23-2003, 06:43 PM
It performs great, probably the best board out there at stock settings, but it seems to be a poor implementation of the nForce2 chipset. I mean, it uses the MCP-T but doesn't use its sound capabilities at all? As for overclocking, who knows. I'd assume it's the same as most other boards out there. But hey, why don't you get it and tell us how it goes, eh? :D

CCW
01-23-2003, 10:58 PM
The best overclocked seems to be the Epox, to be honest with you, I would never use a Chanintech board...however this may put you off an Epox http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8352&goto=newpost
Ive never liked Chaintech but its opinion and preference, also the chaintech nf2 board is a lot more expensive than the ASus and Epox as far as I am aware,

Craig

DriveEuro
01-24-2003, 12:39 AM
Definetly get your hands on a nForce board. NF7(S) by Abit. The Chaintech. Or the Epox. The ASUS board is overpriced.

felix88
01-24-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by DriveEuro
The ASUS board is overpriced.

i thought the Chaintech was overpriced. isn't it $30 more than the most expensive Asus? and you don't even get SoundStorm with the Chaintech.

the best value looks like it's the NF7-S or 8RDA+, unless you can get the FIC AU-11(which is practically the same board as the 8RDA+).

gobbo
01-24-2003, 01:19 AM
The Chaintech looks like an ok board.

It has good voltage and FSB options. Only really out done by the Epox, and it does come with loads of extras (rounded cables, fronty usb ports etc).

Unfortunately it does not take full advantage of the MCP-T southbridge as well as other boards do.

Think the advice given by literally every1 is go for the Epox.

CCW
01-24-2003, 06:52 AM
i agree with felix, chaintech is well overpriced here as well, epox seems to be the best contendor at the moment....

Craig