PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with VCore mod on A7N8X...

StarkMjolk
01-23-2003, 03:08 PM
I just got my mobo (A7N8X) VCore modded. I have it connected to what i believe is the right pin and ground. At 25k resistance, it gave me 1.8V@1.85 setting. As I lower the voltage, the voltage just seem to follow, so after lowering quite some it got to like 1.5V.

I have tried to talk to a few people who have done this mod, and they said that the volt should have rised. So I just went and got my self a 50k VR for testing today, switched, and tested first at 25k Ohm, got 1.80@1.85 setting as before, I tried to give higher resistance, and the volt got higher too, but not much, couldn't even reach stock setting.

Can anyone understand how this could be???

I use a rev. 1.04 A7N8X DLX w/ 1002 beta 1 uber bios, and I measured the voltage in bios...

nikhsub1
01-24-2003, 08:16 AM
If you lower the resistance and the voltage does not go up, I would have to assume you are not on the right pin! It is the 6th pin from the bottom of the circuit, closest to the ports on the board.

http://netbetty.com/H20/asus/vcoreclose.jpg

StarkMjolk
01-24-2003, 02:12 PM
Thank you very much for the info. Now I can only think of 1 error, perhaps what i connected it too wasn't fan ground? It is connected to the rightmost pin on the powerfan connector (left fan over AGP) The other connector is right, the 6th from the bottom on left side...

It looks like your ground is the leftmost on the right fan connector.. Is this where I've made the error? Thanks again for your help :)

MUSASHI
02-13-2003, 07:18 PM
hello there. errr, im a guy from munich looking for right what i have found in this topic. a graphic where i can see how a vcoremod looks like in detail. so far, i understood everything, only one question left:

where goes the (green or yellow, or ist the black one ?) cable from the ground connection of the fan connector, wich leaves the photo on the right (right above the nb-fan) ?

please excuse my terrible english.

greets musashi :D

nikhsub1
02-14-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by MUSASHI
hello there. errr, im a guy from munich looking for right what i have found in this topic. a graphic where i can see how a vcoremod looks like in detail. so far, i understood everything, only one question left:

where goes the (green or yellow, or ist the black one ?) cable from the ground connection of the fan connector, wich leaves the photo on the right (right above the nb-fan) ?

please excuse my terrible english.

greets musashi :D
That wire you see is also ground, but for the VDIMM. So I have the ground for the VCORE and the VDIMM plugged into the 2 fan headers you see in the pic.