PDA

View Full Version : No Audio with DVDs after Reformat

Disposibleteen
01-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Ok guys i have recently reformatted my PC with windows XP Pro. Since my reformat i have not been able to hear any audio while watching dvd movies. I have updated my rig with all of the latest sound, video, and chipset drivers so it cant be any of those problems. My rig specs are below, any help would be appreciated.

ntel P4 3.0E
Asus P4C800
ATI X800 Pro @ 545/605
1Gb Hynix DDR400
2x 80GB Seagate Barracuda 8mb
SB Audigy Live!
Klipsch Promedia 2.1

terrordemon
01-09-2006, 09:40 AM
do you have the cable connected that connects the dvd drive with the sound card? That fixed my friends problem when he had no sound with dvd's

Disposibleteen
01-09-2006, 11:34 AM
do you have the cable connected that connects the dvd drive with the sound card? That fixed my friends problem when he had no sound with dvd's
Yes i do.

terrordemon
01-09-2006, 12:07 PM
o.... then i have no clue sorry

Major_A
01-09-2006, 12:23 PM
You don't even actually need that with Windows XP.

Go to this (http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45004) thread and download the CTCOMP.exe compatibility patch. Next go to Creative's website and download the latest drivers for the X-Fi Elite. Download them to a place you remember. Next install WinRAR, if don't already have it. Now right click on the driver pack and select Extract Files and save the extracted drivers somewhere you can find them. Now open CTCOMP.exe and point it to the extracted files. It will either tell you it patched the drivers successfully or it will tell you it can't find the file it's looking for. If it complains find the file it's lookning for and point CTCOMP.exe to that folder. After you patch the files open your Device Manager. Go to your sound card and click Update Drivers. Point the manual driver update to the patched extracted driver folder. After it's done reboot and you will have the latest drivers from Creative. That is unless you like using 3 year old drivers. I have been doing this since I found it on my old Audigy 1 card and I haven't had any problems yet.

Disposibleteen
01-09-2006, 12:27 PM
The XFI Drivers work with the Audigy Live! Series, alright its worth a shot ill be bck with my results in a second or 2.