PDA

View Full Version : has any one ever figured out the fix to X-fi + NF4 MBs yet?

Daveb2012
01-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Last I was reasearching on how to fix the cracking/poping/hissing noise with the x-fi and Nf4 chipset motherboards I realized their still was no fix. so far all ive done is played with drivers, changed to different PCI slot to give the x-fi its own IRQ, and used some latency program. nothing has worked and its so annoying I was going to buy speakers but I would have to have them muted when no music/sound was on or I would constantly hearing poping and cracking.

mdzcpa
01-08-2006, 06:33 PM
You need to send your X-Fi in for a BIOS flash. Call Creative support. Its the only real fix.

Other than that, you *might* make it work by shutting off all unused devices (serial ports, firewire, Irda, etc) and free up some IRQs. If you can get the X-fi not to share an IRQ, it does help the issue a lot.

One_Hertz
01-08-2006, 06:58 PM
hmm I bought mine right when it came out and I have an ultra-d and I just did some setting in bios that i forgot what it was now and it all wokrs now.

OmegaMerc
01-08-2006, 08:51 PM
not sure if helps any, but using nf4 and x-fi, no problems, so maybe its a bad core? :confused:

axion
01-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Yeah some people get the problems and others don't, luck of the draw I guess :/