PDA

View Full Version : Lock voltage on Tbred B?

GVCryan
01-22-2003, 07:00 PM
Hello everyone, I have a story for you.

My old mobo, a Soyo Dragon+, currently lives in a computer coupled with an old 1.4 tbird.

He really wants a upgrade. In fact, this Soyo is a great performing board, capable of hitting a 182fsb (that I've tested). So I bought him a 1700+ TbredB from Newegg.

My Dragon doesn't like his new chip however, so much so that he doesn't boot. The bastard won't boot if the default voltage is less than 1.65. Mr. Tbred runs at 1.6.

I wan't to know if there is a way to set the default voltage to 1.65 (or 1.75).

I am about to drive accross country to stand in front of SOYOUSA with a sign that reads. "Make a Bios to support 1.6v, you dirty rascals!!"

Ace-a-Rue
01-23-2003, 06:57 PM
Don't believe the bios voltage. It is notoriously off. You need to measure at the Mosfet to see the actual voltage.

You setting 1.65 in the bios might actually give you 1.6 at the mosfet.

GVCryan
01-23-2003, 08:02 PM
I have checked this for sure, the problem is that the computer fails to post at any voltage less than 1.65, and many others in the AMDMB Soyo forum are having the same problem.
SInce my Tbred is less than 1.65, the computer doesn't even boot regardless of which of 5 official bioses and the beta bios I have tried.
I just need to find out which bridges control the default voltage so I can kick it up a notch.
Thanks for the help though.

sjohnson
01-23-2003, 08:31 PM
Check out http://www.ocinside.de/html/workshop/socketa/tbred_painting.html for an interactive guide to which bridges to paint.

GVCryan
01-24-2003, 12:58 PM
Thanks mucho sjohnson
"scurries off to find magnifying glass and rewindow defogger kit."

GVCryan
01-24-2003, 02:04 PM
It Works.

I love you as much as a man can love another man without the KKK becoming suspicious.;)

:toast: