PDA

View Full Version : Help! My cooler doesnt cover the entire TEC

Kosmos
01-22-2003, 05:16 AM
As the title sais, my gpu waterblock doesnt cover the entire area of my TEC, which results in BAD heat displacement, thers 3mm without cooling on each side of the TEC, what am i supposed to do???

I have placed a 3mm thick 7x6cm whide copper plate on it now, with drilled holes in it for some heat displacement, but the result aint that good :(

I realy need some nice ideas!

http://users.du.se/~h00matbi/g4ti4600mod.jpg

KnightElite
01-22-2003, 05:48 AM
The reason is that you are using a 50mmx50mm TEC with a 40mmx40mm block. The solutions are to either get a bigger block (I'm not sure if there are any commercially available 50mm blocks for vidcards) or get a smaller TEC.

What TEC are you trying to use there, exactly?

Kosmos
01-22-2003, 06:14 AM
it's a 169W tec, and i won't get another waterblock cause this comp is only for gaming, so i don't feel like spending alot on it atm... cause of GeForce FX soon available.

The temp is 9C at full load, with water temp at 25-27C, GPU clocks are 345 / 770 both mem and gpu volt modded (gpu mod not in pic) I have some artifacts in ut, but they are hardly noticeable.

The thing is, i was hoping for way lover temperature, and it,s as u say, the block is just to small :(

So im thinking about trying a smaller or bigger heatdisplacer on top of the tec, but im not sure if it will lover my temps... and i don't want to create a lot of copperplates, that would be useless...

Kosmos
01-23-2003, 03:23 PM
Sry for posting twice, but what temp at the gpu should i get with proper cooling? read temps and clock above...