PDA

View Full Version : NEWS Watercooling Xbox360

[XC] leviathan18
01-04-2006, 06:55 AM
yes this is for real a WC system for xbox360 i dont think it uses cathar storm g5 block xD but for sure it will solve some heat issues

http://www.tgdaily.com/2005/12/30/xbox360_coolit_liquidcooling/

Arkangyl
01-04-2006, 11:04 AM
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=OTM5

HardOCP did their own take at this using Koolance stuff.

IMO the CPU looks to be cooled okay but that dinky alu thing on the Radeon? unless the 360's Radeon generates FAR less heat than the PC one that seems rather sparse.

I'd think that the a copper sink with higher fin density would be better, also maybe a heatpipe to extend the cooling further down the shroud.

trakslacker
01-04-2006, 11:31 AM
saw the first one on the INQ recently. I guess that's one way to solve the overheating problem.

CrashOv3r1De
01-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Looks interesting. I have an Xbox 360 and am not having any over heating issues and neither is my friend and he played 3+hrs a day. I think the ppl with overheating issues are the FIENDS who play 24/7. When you run something all day and even leave it on all night because you cant save yet but cant continue playing then no **** its going to overheat.

WeStSiDePLaYa
01-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Looks interesting. I have an Xbox 360 and am not having any over heating issues and neither is my friend and he played 3+hrs a day. I think the ppl with overheating issues are the FIENDS who play 24/7. When you run something all day and even leave it on all night because you cant save yet but cant continue playing then no **** its going to overheat.

if any computer overheats because it was left on for extended periods of time then it wasnt cooled well enough to begin with.

i think the people with problems shove their units into those wooden home entertainment centers, those little spaces are like freaking ovens. same with when people put computers in the little wooden desks. the space just heats up and cooks.

Starscream
01-04-2006, 12:42 PM

that some people dont have the problem doesnt mean there is no problem.
Maybe some 360s get problems quicker etc.

its a fact that there is a good amount of people that got overheating problems witht he 360 and coming summer we may see more people with it.

@WeStSiDePLaYa
could b but microsoft could expect that some people will put the 360 in them :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty center thingys cause Microsoft itself is promoting the 360 as a multi media center.

Dissolved
01-04-2006, 12:48 PM
most of the heat issues had to do with the power supply overheating.

but yea, i wouldnt w/c my 360. im not touching mine till after the warranty goes out. these things cost to much heh

saaya
01-04-2006, 02:05 PM
and i thougt I was nerdy....

Dissolved
01-04-2006, 02:20 PM
and i thougt I was nerdy....

Maybe a postWh*re, But you are not Nerdy :)