PDA

View Full Version : How would I mount a fan on the stock NB heatsink?

Kurrurrin
01-21-2003, 08:06 PM
I was just wondering, because I have a 40mm that I would like to put on my NB heatsink on my A7V8X. Its runnin a bit hot, and the extra cooling can only help. I just can't figure out how to stick that sucker on there. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

pulverizer
01-21-2003, 08:28 PM
Well, you might be able to use some screws, I know people have been able to get the screw to hold bacause it goes in between the pins in the HS. I personally just am using 2 small pieces of duct tape right now, which seems to work just fine, although might not be a long term solution. So maybe you should try the screw idea first and as a last resort there is always tape :D . Those are all the ideas I can think of now.

-P.S. - Good to see you online in SOF2

Royal Oaks
01-21-2003, 08:56 PM
Yea I am thinking tape or some super glue. Depends on how long you want the fan to be on there. :D If you are just gonna try it out then definitely stay away from the glue, but i know some people who have had success with the glue. :)

Kurrurrin
01-21-2003, 10:12 PM
Hrmm, if I can get a hold of some duct tape (i left my roll in my car back home :( ) I'll tape it there. Well, that and after I splice it into an existant fan line ;)

And its always a pleasure fraggin with ya pulv :)

PimpJack
01-29-2003, 07:59 PM
double sided tape works wonders.

Kurrurrin
02-21-2003, 02:42 PM
ok, update. i got a soldering iron finally today, so i spliced the little 40mm fan's power line into another fan's power line and duct taped the sucker to it. i'll post pics when i get my §§§§ty webcam installed again (reformatted). weee, and nothing exploded.