PDA

View Full Version : Inside A 6002 Mcp *Help please!

da-key
01-02-2006, 11:06 AM
OK I received a 6002 MCP water block. I bought it new. When i got it I looked down ito the holes and very dark colored, there appears to be water deposits and discoloration from use. I feel like I recieved used merchandise.

Can anyone confirm if they have used swiftech what condiiton the inside of the block is when you get it?

If Swift tech is sending out dirty gear I don't see how they can compete?

So far upon emailing the Retailer of this item I was met with "Oh it sat on the shelf awhile it probably tarnished. Copper does that."

I have several other blocks chipsets and stuff on down even if it sits a year it doesn't look used inside like this.

Thanks for any help.:(

mdzcpa
01-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Send it back. I doubt its a swiftech issue. More likely the retailer resold a return.

STEvil
01-02-2006, 07:42 PM
rust = corrosion = oxidization = discoloration = yes.

da-key
01-02-2006, 08:39 PM
I am going to return it then. Ordered another one.

MaxxxRacer
01-03-2006, 01:40 AM
The green patina seen on older copper structures is a corrosion product consisting of copper sulfates and copper carbonates. The presence of sulfate films means that copper, like lead, holds up well in industrial atmospheres. But there is evidence that atmospheric corrosion of copper, while low, is increasing. Some old-timers remember that the green patina used to take about 25 years to form. It now forms in about 10 years, showing an increased corrosion rate in the underlying metal (although the green patina protects the underlying metal, it does not completely stop the corrosion). Observations of Christ Church in Philadelphia, for example show that its more than 200-year-old copper roof has an annual corrosion rate lower than that seen in contemporary structures.