PDA

View Full Version : Need something to do!?!?!

Tiribulus
01-21-2003, 07:13 AM
Try digital video:slobber: Get a capture device and start learning the ins and outs of working with digital video. A whole new frontier friends. Nothing you ever learned can adequately prepare you for this!! Single most difficult non commercial project I've ever undertaken.
Tiribulus:confused:

Smizack
02-02-2003, 09:48 PM
I know what you mean dude, there's just so much detail in it all.

TheDude
02-02-2003, 10:17 PM
Also a great way to stress test your rig...if it's stable encoding and ripping video...it's STABLE! :D

Tiribulus
02-03-2003, 06:15 AM
Quite so on both counts. Since I originally started this thread this has been about all I've done. Very interesting, but TONS of variables that come into play like Smizack says. The Frankenbox has been hijacked for encoding for abot a month now and as The Dude says those long encoding marathons are great burin in/stability tests. Really gets the heat flowin after an hour of non- stop encoding. Geez, I still haven't installed the newest whql Catalysts!!! That's unheard of for me. Usually have new drivers within hours of their release. Promised my wife I'd learn all this for her home movies and old TV shows on vhs, so I needed to do it anyway. Wouldn't be so bad, but right when I think I have the process where I want it for all the various sources, I find some new tweak, tool or codec that gives me better quality or smaller files or both. Anyway, it's an adventure to be sure.
Tiribulus:)