PDA

View Full Version : Counterstrick tips

antipop
01-20-2003, 11:19 AM
I'm new to online gaming (i had a modem on my comp) but now i'm in university and i've access to the lan, so i started to play counterstrike. I wanted to ask the pros if they have any advice to get better? What weapons to choose? Do you go first or stay behind? Or anything else that comes through your mind

tuxlinux
01-22-2003, 08:21 AM
what weapon you use is up to you and since you are new you would have the best chance staying behind. but when fireing to get the best accuracy you should crouch and fire in bursts (to minimize recoil)

antipop
01-22-2003, 08:47 AM
Alright i usually use the m4 (4-3) or the aug (4-4) when i'm in counter or the kalach (4-1) when i'm in terro

MadMax
01-22-2003, 09:17 AM
I found the best CS tip was to uninstall it and get back to playing Quake :rolleyes:

antipop
01-22-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by MadMax
I found the best CS tip was to uninstall it and get back to playing Quake :rolleyes: Where i am they play more at cs than quake (and i'd rather be playing at quake)

MadMax
01-22-2003, 01:24 PM
Ah, that sucks :D

I'm going to a 700 person LAN in NZ tomorrow (3 days), and will have to resort to CS for quite a bit of it (though there IS a QW 1v1 comp going on which i'm in :D)

As tux said... just make sure you stand still when you shoot, otherwise your aim goes off all over the place. :)

Kurupt
01-22-2003, 01:40 PM
The best tips I can offer you "watch other peoples demos" you can download them at www.sogamed.com.

I use to play for some of the best clans in CS

G0D/asnl/sini/a0i/TAG

Was going to play for TSO back in the days but turned them down

antipop
01-22-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by MadMax
Ah, that sucks :D

I'm going to a 700 person LAN in NZ tomorrow (3 days), and will have to resort to CS for quite a bit of it (though there IS a QW 1v1 comp going on which i'm in :D)

As tux said... just make sure you stand still when you shoot, otherwise your aim goes off all over the place. :) And there is no gateway toward the internet for playing online (i don't know why because i have a regular access) so i've to play inside the lan

sysfailur
01-25-2003, 01:01 AM
My advice, although it's simple, is....

When CT use the M4A1.

When T use the AK47.

Use 3 shot bursts aiming @ slightly below the head (like the chin/neck) for the first shot. It's hard, but that's the way to do it. Don't just spray and pray. That's for nubs :P

For pistols I perfer the P228. But don't just focus on that gun, make sure you get used to the other guns and how they shoot.

What else, when you're the last guy alive don't run around like a fool... walk if you have the time and ninja the other dude.

There's lots of other stuff, you just gotta pick it up as you go.

sysfailur
02-01-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Kurupt
The best tips I can offer you "watch other peoples demos" you can download them at www.sogamed.com.

G0D/asnl/sini/a0i/TAG

Speaking of playing for the best teams...

Back when cs was at it's prime (in my opinion) before the ridiculous amount of cheating started and cs was semi "clean" if you will, these were the top 20 clans according to csnation, which is the #1 cs fan site. I was in, and still am in [chu^2], Chu Chu Rockets, which was 11th best in the world ;) *Rawr*

http://web.archive.org/web/20010124065400/csnation.counter-strike.net/features/top20/

RuKK
02-03-2003, 04:17 AM
I find all the guns except for the autosnipers have their place and are usefull. Just experiment with different guns on different maps. Before you decide a certain gun is crap, try it on a wide variety of maps and you may find the changing dynamics of the game make a weapon that on dust is worthless deadly on dust2.. However there are standards that serve well on prettymuch all maps.

For CTs, primary: mp5, m4. Secondary (pistol): deagle (wait.. theres other pistols than the deagle?), OSP (default pistols for CTs).

For Ts, primary: mp5, ak47. Secondary: deagle.

Experiment with all the weapons, but those are the ones that I generaly fall back on when playing a new map. Also, depending on what sort of tactics you like to play, you'll want to pick your guns for them.. For example, rushing on dust, you most likely wont want a AWP ;)

Hmm.. first post. anyway, hope to spend more time posting here instead of just reading, which I have been doing for a few months now.

-RuKK

antipop
02-03-2003, 05:43 AM
10x for your reply, i'm always learning
And btw WELCOME TO XTREME

isp
02-09-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Kurupt

G0D/asnl/sini/a0i/TAG

Heh, I can tell your west without even seeing your location :)

Sogamed is mostly euro now, I'd recommend http://gotfrag.com for US coverage...