PDA

View Full Version : Itunes Help

Holst
12-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Hi guys.

Got an ipod for christmas.

Bought it second hand from a guy I know.

When I install Itunes it asks if I want to consolodate library.

I have my music in folders that are carefully organised, there is also too much to fit onto one disk. I DONT want to mess up all my music.

Also as the ipod allready has some video on it that I would like to keep.
But I think this will be delted when I set up my playlist :(

If I have to delete everything the first time I use it I dont mind too much.
But im going to have to reinstall windows in a few days (something is screwed up and things keep crashing)
I dont want to end up having to reformat the ipod again, if I have to reinstall windows (and I tunes).

I have read that there is other software avalable instead of Itunes, is any of it any good?
Im not liking the way that Itunes seems to want to take total control of my music.. I allready have everything how I like it and working well with playlists and stuff for winamp.

afireinside
12-25-2005, 03:44 PM
don't consolodate and it will leave everything alone. The thing that sucks is that you will have to delete everything to transfer from itunes. When you reformat again it will sense a different itunes library and force you to delete everything AGAIN. Really crappy.

Holst
12-25-2005, 04:50 PM
I think ill leave it till I reinstall windows then.

freecableguy
12-25-2005, 10:50 PM
i'll give you some iPod help. first find the tallest building you can. then drop it out a window from the top floor.

mike
12-25-2005, 11:36 PM
i'll give you some iPod help. first find the tallest building you can. then drop it out a window from the top floor.
dang - just got one for wifey & kids...off looking for a tall building

BUT is there another program to control the Ipod?

Aphex_Tom_9
12-25-2005, 11:55 PM
you can get ipod plugins for other music programs i think

im now the owner of a 60gb ipod video, so far im liking it a lot...

Holst
12-27-2005, 08:51 AM
There is a winamp plugin that lets you copy files you have put (legaly) onto your Ipod back onto your HDD.

You can also load songs onto your Ipod using the same plugin.