PDA

View Full Version : Reservoir Help

Svenn
01-20-2003, 10:35 AM
Okay, I've got my water system put together and I've noticed the water swirling in my reservoir and my system still has bubbles. I'm using the Danger Den reservoir. Anyway, my dad works with industrial water pumps for a living and said I needed something to put in the reservoir to stop the swirling. He mentioned a ping pong ball or something of the sort. Anyone know what he's talking about and have suggestions on something I could use to stop the vortex?

Svenn
01-20-2003, 11:37 AM
Btw, I'm running pump -> split to GPU and NB -> combine back to rad -> res -> pump all with 1/2" tubing. There's foam in my system I'm assuming from the water wetter and I'm trying to work it out, but it builds up on my GPU block, which is like the lowest point, and I get air pockets there... Any suggestions on that?

TheReaper
01-31-2003, 07:20 AM
I had the same problem with my homemade res. I used the blue filter came with my Eheim 1250 pump. I simply put in the top in front of the intake. It works great to stop the turbulence. I suggested this to another user of a DD res and he said this fixed his problem. Sorry no pics. G luck!

Svenn
01-31-2003, 07:28 AM
If it doesn't work, will I be able to get it out?!

TheReaper
01-31-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Svenn
If it doesn't work, will I be able to get it out?!

I would think you should be able to get it out with some needlenose pliers. I know the hole isn't very big. I don't know if you'd cut it in half if that would help or not. I guess you'll just have to try it if you want.

swedkg
01-31-2003, 08:29 AM
I used the blue filter came with my Seltz pump. just put it in the middle of the tank, to stop the turbelence of the water. i believe it will work for you as well, and it's very easy to take out.

Svenn
01-31-2003, 09:51 AM
Well, I'm using some packing peanuts right now and the water doesn't really swirl, but I'm getting an air bubble in my system. Always seems to pop up at the same place... And it's a low point in the system... I can't understand it. I don't know if the intake is still sucking air bubbles in or what but it bugs me...